All reviews dongmen mrt station walking distance local market the chiang kai shek memorial memorial hall stayed here for nights convenient location rooms are clean taoyuan airport exit taipei typhoon asian escalator fridge tub luggage
Reviewed 6 May 2018

clean room, clean and big bathroom, personal safe, fridge, washing machine and dryer available, helpful and pleasant staff, good breakfast, perfect location, walking distance to the Dongmen MRT Station

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The girl at the desk was young, unfriendly and thoughtless. She first gave me a room on the 13th floor . The sound from the elevator was loud and constant, You could hear the motor every time the elevator was in use. I requested another room away from the elevator. A very nice man came with my new keys and helped me to my new room. Soon after he left, I discovered this room was not much better. i didn't have the time to go through the home room change again as I needed to get ready for a wedding. It was most unpleasant at night, trying to sleep. I fimally got to sleep at 12:00 PM and then the shower next door turned on, but it sounded like it was right in my bedroom, very loud! So again with the constant elevator it took me quite some time to fall back to sleep. The room was fairly clean except fotr a large stain on the carpet. Food from room service and restaurant was good.

Room Tip: Request a room far from the elevtor noice, But will still hear the very loud pipes during neighbor's shower
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Antiochann
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Convenient location nearby surrounding area include many eating places, local market, convenient store, subway station and sightseeing attraction places.

The breakfast is simple but nice served with local food. Room is not big but clean with free wifi and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We spent 3 nights here and were very impressed with the hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in giving us directions, answering questions etc. They even upgraded our room upon check-in. The room was clean, well maintained and perfect for our needs. It is located on a busy street but we heard little to no street noise.

The location for us was perfect. It is within walking distance of Dongmen MRT Station (exit 2 is the closest but unless you want to climb endless stairs, use exit 1 which has an escalator and comes out in nearly the same place), The Chiang Kai Shek memorial and the Taipei LDS Temple. We also enjoyed Dongmen Market which is a traditional Chinese market. Taxi fare from Taipei Main Station was $125 NT so for that price, don't drag your bags on the MRT.

Breakfast is ok with many Chinese offerings and some Western. It was a good start to the day but after 3 days I was wanting something different.

This hotel is an excellent value and we'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

As we travelled around Taiwan, we returned to Taipei three times and stayed the same hotel from 507, 807 and 307. The only small complain is the shower curtain which inherently has moldy smell.

The front desk lend us their umbrella for our trip given the first few days there was a typhoon there.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family