“Stunning”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 33.00*
and up
Taroko Gorge with Qingshui Cliff, Swallow Grotto...
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Xiulin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The most fabulous scenery, easily accesible if a bit busy, but we were here during a Taiwanese holiday, coukd have spent hours here just breathing it all in!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"hard hats"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Loved Taroko Gorge. It was part of our 5 day tour. The first afternoon we spent time walking through Swallow Grotto. Very nice. The next morning we went to Changchun temple, and Shakadang Trail. Very nice and beautiful.The park was not crowded and it was very peaceful. We enjoyed Taroko Gorge very much.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Must-see. Look up and down. Look everywhere. Every part of Taroko Gorge was absolutely magnificent. A true beautiful display of the power of nature. Make sure you have a lot of time to go through and complete the Swallow Grotto. I wish I had more time here to explore the hiking trails. By the way, there are two bus companies that offer unlimited hop-on hop-off. If you buy from one, you’ll only be able to use their bus. So for me it’s better to use your Easy Card, tap when you go in, and tap out when you go out. This way you don’t have to wait for a specific bus and just hop on the first bus that arrives. It will cost you a little bit more, but time is a lot more important. This place is huge!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a private driver and he took us to the following locations (listed in order of visiting) which all offered different aspects of the gorgeous scenery: Shakadang Trail, Swallow Grove, Baiyang Trail, the Indigenous Village for lunch (& a temple nearby), the Eternity Shrine, and the Bell Tower & Suspension Bridge.

My Mum is in her 70's and in good health (but not overly fit per se) but she managed all of the above, including the very steep 700+ equivalent steps up to the Bell Tower. The temple near the village was about 300 steps and the others were more walking than stepping.

A great day out shared by the 3 of us (my daughter - in her 20's, myself in my 50's and my Mum in her 70's).

Thank wishtago...