“Love this night market!!”

Raohe Street Night Market
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 90.00*
and up
Private Taipei Food Tour with Shrimp Fishing and...
More attraction details
Owner description: Jao Ho Street has become a secondary road and the business has also declined. Therefore, the government set up a night market in 1987. It is the second tourist night market in Taipei.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My favourite night market of all!! Yes it’s tight and hard to walk. But that’s the spirit of night market right?! Sweaty and eating and looking at stuffs. Checking out what are people eating. Love the small stalls hidden along the way and sometimes there are good buys! Please don’t bring a stroller here and make sure u hold ur kids close and tight!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Kiatteo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"stalls selling"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I looked for a night market full of small snacks. This is recommended by my dear auntie. So I came. The location is very nice. I took a taxi from Taipei 101 for probably ~ $NT70 - very close to the famous landmark.

Compared to the foodcourt of Taipai 101 that I looked around, and did not eat even one item, This one is nice, full of small snacks that I can taste but not filled by it. So I quite a few snacks that I like to try. My goal on this night market is achieved without disappointment.

Anyway, I did not get the excitement on finding surprise or treasure, felt like that there are something missing, maybe the feeling of sizzling steak, or some famous southland flavor. Just did not feel very happy after enjoyment. It probably missed some things in term of variety, but I can not tell what. My frequency to night market is ~ once every 5 years. Looking for some feeling there, but did not get it.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Raohe Night Market is just one long street filled with food stalls (and lined by shops on both sides), so its really easy to manage and not as "chaotic" as Shilin Night Market. Its a great place for food, we went there hungry, but still didnt manage to try all the food we like to look of. Some of the places are very popular, so if you dont want to wait in line forever, go early.

Date of experience: March 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Raohe was just a few minutes away from our hotel (Hotel B) by cab. Our cab ride cost about 120-150 NTD one way (so it's good enough if you are sharing it with 4 people, which is the maximum pax in a cab).

If you are looking for a variety of street food, this is one good place to go. It may be crowded (which was expected) but you'll actually get overwhelmed with the food stalls. It is a good place to have a food trip, make sure not to have dinner before going there late at night. :)

Date of experience: March 2018