Grand Hyatt Taipei
Humble House Taipei(Xinyi District)
USD 255*
USD 226*
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Le Meridien Taipei(Xinyi District)
USD 476*
W Taipei(Xinyi District)
USD 351*
Agoda.com
  • Pool
THE Tango Taipei XinYi(Xinyi District)
USD 170*
USD 165*
  • Breakfast included
AT Boutique Hotel(Xinyi District)
USD 83*
Hotels.com
Pacific Business Hotel(Xinyi District)
USD 145*
getaroom.com
EnRich House(Xinyi District)
TripAdvisor
2,830 results
All reviewsthe club loungejapanese restaurantbreakfast buffetconvention centerbusiness tripvery nice hotelfood courtcentral locationbusiness hotelsubway stationnight marketshopping mallw hotelrenovationtaipeigymtower
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for a meeting and the overall experience was solid. Rooms were clean, comfortable but bit a small and not optimally user-friendly. Room lights,TV and phones were very confusing to use but plenty of outlets at the desk, at least. Staff were very professional and accommodating, for example providing a last minute breakfast to-go because of our 6 am checkout. On the other hand, the inclusive breakfast was exceptional in the variety of Western and Asian choices, and food quality and freshness. Best I've ever eaten!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank hepadoc
Reviewed 20 February 2012

No question - the rooms and facilities are 5-star.
But their attitude is just HYATT ... They wouldn't let me check in at 1pm - even I am sure that another travel-group checked out early morning - and the rooms should be available.
They charge additional fee for Internet per hour and don't provide wireless internet for phones or tablets. For a small travel group they offered me ridiculus cancellation terms - they wanted 80% payment if cancelled 2 weeks before arrival. And the prices are far too high for Taipei. After I had another bad experience in a Hyatt hotel in India - I will avoid this arrogant hotel-chain in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tobias R
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Grand Hyatt Taipei is a well-maintained establishment, as what you would expect from the Hyatt chain. Its convenient location is a huge plus, with many sites of interest nearby: Taipei 101, world trade center expo halls, city hall, and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall all within walking distance. Rooms are comfortable and there's a variety of good food for breakfast. Professional service.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to club-level rooms on 20th-25th floors if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have always stayed at Grand Hyatt whenever I'm in Taipei .

We arrived very early but was allowed to check in - no problem at all. Checking in was fast and pleasant. The staffs in the hotel are all friendly and very helpful. Concierge arranged for phone charger when I realized I forgot to pack one. The lady at the gift shop downstairs was very helpful and gave me directions to the nearest pharmacy when I needed to get some medications. They are always smiling and acknowledging us when we walked pass.

The lobby of the hotel is very grand with big chandeliers and big Christmas tree ( we were there around Christmas) The hotel is well maintained although you can tell that it is getting a bit old.

The rooms are very big, we can easily fit 3 beds and still have plenty of room to walk around. The bathroom has all the amenities and we were given 3 bottles of water everyday. As I was travelling with a 4 year old, they also provided cute little toiletries for her.

The hotel is located right opposite Taipei 101 with a connecting bridge and covered walkway all the way to Mitsukoshi Department Store. Very handy as it was raining when we were there.
There is a supermarket opposite the hotel in 101. Bought all our snacks and drinks there. I did not eat at the hotel this time as I preferred to venture out for my meals. There are plenty of good restaurants as well as cheap food within walking distance from the hotel.

Taxis are cheap in Taipei and it is easy to get one. I prefer travelling everywhere by taxis with kids in tow so I don't mind even if there are no near metro stations around here.

Grand Hyatt would be the choice again if I'm back in Taipei!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Excellent rooms, quite and comfortable place. Great room and restaurant service, variety and tasty food. A great spread for breakfast and many more. The hotel is very good and close to Taipei 101. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business