“This place is HUGE!”

Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Wenshan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The largest zoo in Asia, this was original a private zoological garden. The giant panda house, Formosan animal area, koala house and Asian tropical rainforest area are of particular note.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Be prepared to spend the entire day here. There’s a great variety of animals to see, we loved it! Highly recommend the Panda cafe, it was a little wait as we didn’t have a reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)
All reviews
"maokong gondola"
in 114 reviews
"giant pandas"
in 36 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 20 reviews
in 133 reviews
"enclosures"
in 130 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Really inexpensive to enter this zoo. We liked seeing the animals of Formosa and the pandas. We missed the penguins.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a good size zoo, lots of animals and lots of walking. It was a comfortable temperature when we went but my daughter who's used to the cold Oregon weather thought it was the "hottest" day on earth :) It is really cheap too! Be ready with a hat when you go!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time taking my 18 month to the zoo. Very inexpensive, small enough so that it is walkable and global geographies (Africa, Australia, etc ) well represented.

They have strollers available for rent.

Advise going early (probably the case for any zoo) if you want to see animal activity. The enclosures are small enough so that you can clearly see all animals. Facilities are a bit dated and conditions are probably less than ideal for the animals.

There is also a shuttle that runs through the park if you don’t want to walk it.

Unless you want McDonald’s or park food would advise packing a lunch or eating/before after.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

In U.S. zoo is expensive, especially with Panda. Here Panda can be seen with reasonable waiting time. Quite a few koala are as cute as you can image. There are so many variety including penguin. Unfortunately I did not know that this zoo is so huge that I should not expect to complete in one day, otherwise I will do more research on picking what to watch.

Now I think that this zoo is the best zoo that I know. I did not even thought about visiting this place until my Vietnam colleague who visited zoo a lot gives me a recommendation. I will like to visit again, for sure not in summer.