“always having mixed feelings about this place”

Huaxi street Night Market
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 52.00*
and up
Taipei Night Tour including Din Tai Fung Dinner
Ranked #4 of 30 Shopping in Wanhua
More attraction details
Owner description: This stretch of noodle and fish restaurants, specialty shops and street vendors attracts throngs of tourists. Snake handlers and snake-derived medicines and foods give Huahsi Street its common name, Snake Alley.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Mixed feelings because I don’t think my kids enjoy this place. It’s more of an old market compared to the more trendy night markets around such as Shilin or raohe. But this place has those nice warm old school feel that I really enjoy as well. Love to walk past the shop that sells snake and see how they handle the snakes. I never tried the snake soup. Not a fan. I love this stall there that sells cucumber soup or 瓜仔湯。Delicious with a bowl of the braised meat rice. Heart warming and always reminds me of my mum”s cooking

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"clothes"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was an interesting market, but certainly not the best in Taipei, in my opinion, that title goes to Shilin Night Market. This one was a long hallway filled with shops and restaurants with some very quirky food. It wasn't as foreigner friendly but it was still an interesting visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I can't really recommend stopping here. There's minimal food and minimal shops. Don't waste your time coming here. We just walked through and left. Go to Shilin or Raohe instead.

1  Thank Stephanie0988
Reviewed 16 February 2018

This is a delightful place if you fancy gritty, urban REAL life as opposed to touristy schlock. It is quite near Longshan Temple and I visited the Banquio area nearby. There were herbalists, snakes, and some really tasty food on a stick. Fair warning: This was a red light district in times past, so, while it isn't dangerous....there is still a vestige of this character.

1  Thank Lorelei C
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We've been here on previous trips to Taipei , but today's visit convinced me there is no reason to return. Loaded with massage parlours and meat-laced eateries for locals. No place for vegetarians. Notorious for serving snake, but there is not much of that in evidence. There are many interesting places to visit in Taipei. This isn't one of them.