All reviewsinstant noodlestwo nightsnaturetaxitaiwantoursunrise
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

This Minsu is located some distance away from Alishan.It a good place for relaxing, having personal interest in this quiet yet beautiful place.It cost might be a bit higher then the common Minsu..but I think it worth the value...
Strongly recommend to those who wanted peace and non crowded environment. ..

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Tan M
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I just stayed there for 2 nights in May 2015. The host (Ruby and a guy - forgot the guy's name) were really awesome.

I think we asked lots of qns before our visit which Ruby patiently replied to help us plan our trip and trekking at Ruili.

When we reached, it was drizzling continuously and they took care to advise us on our trekking, lend us bamboo sticks to drive snakes away and for more stability while trekking in the forest. The guy drove us out to swallow cliff entrance in the mrng and gave us rain coats and kept reminding us to bring water and walk slowly. Ruby drove us out in the afternoon to green tunnel trail (it's much more beautiful and magical than the photos) and also brought us to their minsu's main owner's hse nearby where we were again showered with much warmth and hospitality.

The minsu itself is very clean and beautifully decorated with much details. Unfortuately it kept raining and we cldn't go all around to take pictures.. :( My bf simply love the room, I think he could stay all day inside just watching tv.

My bf actually planned a proposal there and the host really went all the way out to assist him in decorating the place and surprising me etc.

Wanted to also share that they are extremely reasonable in their pricing. After all that extra stuff they did for us, drivin us around and preparing the stuff, they didn't even charge us much. Probably only an amount to cover their cost. Hence, u can trust their pricing.

We r probably lucky also tt the second day didn't have much guest due to the rain so we could have them drive us instead of us booking a car which will cost much more.

Really glad my cousin intro us this place.

Do note that their weekend prices are higher than weekday due to larger crowd on weekends. They have rooms that can see stars through ceiling glass if it doesn't rain. Also there is only one public transport up to jiao li ping stn where they can pick u up and if you missed that u can call them to arrange for private transport like taxi. It cost twd1200 there for us.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dracegal
Reviewed 29 December 2014

We stayed 2 nights here, from 16-18 Dec 2014 with family of 5. The bed and breakfast (MinShu) was more than what we expected. The room was spacious and very clean, nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable. The place is quiet and peaceful and offered a very good place to relax and far away from noise of the city.

The house keeper Ruby and helper (Ah De) was very helpful in giving tips and suggestion on what to do, taking into consideration of my elderly mum who can't take on 'challenging' trek. Arrangement was made for my mum to stroll around an easier area while my wife, children and I trek the scenic trek and meet her at the end.

The breakfast that came with the rooms were surprisingly delicious. As we chose to have the host arranged dinners for us during our stay, the dinner was fantastic. Even my fussy eaters like my children enjoyed the meals.

The views within the MinShu was like what it claimed, scenic, although a bit of luck needed as it changed with weather. On our first morning, my wife and I managed to catch view of the cloud before it disappear after 1/2 hour. On second morning, my daughter woke up early trying to catch the same view but was disappointed as it was misty. Thus the advise is to stay longer to increase your chance of catching the fantastic view.

We will definitely go back to this place again!

Room Tip: Try to reach the Minshu early to stay enjoy the quiet and peace offered by the MinShu. It was still some distance away from Alishan but areas around the Minshu is good enough instead of taking another 30mins train journey.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TanCH
Reviewed 13 December 2014

This nice bed and breakfast with the dreamy name pops up when you search for places to stay in Alishan. Be warned, although set in a beautiful part of the mountain, this is a very long way from Alishan and if you were planning to visit Alishan as a day trip from this hotel, the only way to get back would be to hire a car as no public buses or trains stop at the nearby town in the afternoon from Alishan. It is also a long way from anywhere. It was past 7pm when we arrived and we left at 10am the next day, the area beautifully clothed in clouds so there is not much we can say of the surroundings except that it is quite a ways up from sea level.

This B&B is charmingly constructed mostly of wood and blends with its surroundings. Spotlessly clean, our room was very very spacious, sparingly furnished with a big comfortable bed with a thick warm comforter, a flat screen TV, a little dresser, a comfortable couch with a little balcony to view the sunrise should the weather have cooperated. I am not sure that even with good weather if this is the same sunrise one would see from Alishan because having experienced Alishan, I now realize that different mountain peaks give a different perspective to the same sunrise.

The kitchen shuts at 7pm and our hostess Ruby, helpfully but uselessly suggested on the phone, that we grab some grub when the big city bus we took changed to the smaller bus (unfortunately not possible because people were waiting). During what felt like hours long ride up winding mountain road to the Cloud B&B on the city bus (this bus leaves in the morning for the city and returns at 4pm from the Chiayi train station - so only one roundtrip per day). Tired, hungry and nauseous on the ride, we only wished that this B&B had thought to be more hospitable by keeping a hot meal waiting for arrivals on this only bus of the day. The other earlier option is the train (highly recommended versus the bus to Jiaoliping station for pick up by B&B hostess Ruby).

This B&B is also not known to locals, touts, even the bus driver so be sure your phone is working or else get very specific directions before attempting the trip. Fortunately, I had a local phone and Ruby's text got in just in time to tell us where to tell the driver we were getting off for her to pick us up.

The B&B had tea bags, instant noodle soup (for purchase) to assuage our hunger and keep the cold at bay. Breakfast was Taiwanese rice and sweet potato congee with the usual fixings of egg, peanuts and bottled or canned condiments.

Wifi available in the small reception area and the dining room adjacent to this, none in the rooms.

To get away from it all, this could be a place to come for a visit. Otherwise, as a place to go someplace else, it would be a mistake.

Room Tip: The rooms are not all alike so be sure to discuss your room requirements before booking. If it is a quiet day for the B&B, I'm sure you can get a good room with a view of the surrounding orchards or flowers in spring.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nina C
Reviewed 25 November 2014

This bed and breakfast was one of the most special places we have stayed during our three weeks travelling in Taiwan. Wendy and Ruby made us so incredibly welcome. Our room was large and airy with enormous beds. It was simply decorated and we had a small balcony with beautiful views across the valley.
The food was tasty home cooked fare, no choices but delicious local food that we all enjoyed. This bed and breakfast is about 2 hours from alishan forest recreation area, which we had not quite realised when we arrived. But we were so glad to have had the opportunity to explore this quieter and beautiful area full of tea plantations. Wendy and Ruby advised us about a wonderful days walk and they provided a free shuttle to and from the trail start and end.
The service was 5 star and we were given so much help and advice and support for our onward travel... Wendy's excellent English was invaluable !

Thankyou, we would love to come back and would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone !

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family