Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SwissGourmet@Taiwan
Beitun, Taichung

Great location, fun decorations, excellent service!

Review of CJ Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Sept 2015via mobile
Truly a gem, close to everything, simple, clean, fun, and delightfully efficient and friendly staff. The decor was provided by the GM himself and it's entertaining and cool. They just need to replace the shower heads, and I'll be back in a flash!
Date of stay: September 2015
    AU$73
2.6 km from CJ Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2015

So many lovely surprises at this hotel. I gave it an excellent rating because of the value we received for the price with all the extras here. First of all, the staff is very fantastic. They all speak good English and they are incredibly kind and helpful. One of the male staff named Hubin (I think?) or Daniel was the English name he used was very helpful. We needed to change the times for our trains and he was very patient in explaining the whole procedure to us, he found us the right trains we needed, and told us what we would need to pay for the difference. He then wrote an entire note in Chinese for us to give to the train station explaining exactly what we wanted to do in changing our tickets. He really went so far above and beyond, just because he was so kind and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed talking to each of the staff as they played concierge for us telling us things we could go see and outlining where they were on the map. Also loved the free use of bikes, which were perfect to go anywhere in town. The traffic is slow and considerate (like the people in Taiwan - the nicest people in the world), and it is easy to bike anywhere around town. There's also a lovely bike trail along the ocean. The hotel provides breakfast delivered to your room, and you choose which breakfast of 6 choices the day before. The food was good and they had western and eastern varieties. The room was spacious and quite clean, the A/C worked great, and it came with a mini fridge. They also gave us a free shuttle from the hotel to the train station as we left. We were very comfortable and had such a lovely stay I will always think back fondly at this hotel. Thanks for the good memories!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Reinabrowne
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

It's easier to take a taxi to the hotel from the train station or airport, there aren't many public buses around.

Location is great, hotel is near many great food areas. A leisurely 15-20 minute walk away from the main shopping area. Free wifi and breakfast was good too. Breakfast has to be ordered the day before, with specific timings e.g. 7.30am or 8am. They're served to your room very promptly. Portions are not huge but food is quite tasty.

The hotel counter staff are wonderful :) really helpful and friendly and professional. You can book a taxi tour at the hotel counter to Taroko Gorge - 2700 taiwan dollars for 8 hours per car. So it's best if you have 3 or 4 people. We also booked the East Rift Valley tour, 3500 for about 9 hours. Personalized and great service.

Room was clean, and spacious. Love the intricate decor of the lobby, but the rooms are more basic which is fine. Toilet has a bathtub too. Overall, we had a comfortable and pleasant stay. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank fullofcolours
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I booked into CJ Hotel as the edge of a typhoon struck the eastern coast of the Island. I'd been working in Taipei and decided to have a 'beach break' at Hualien. The hotel was lovely - I was in room 602, the top floor, with a view back over the city to the hills and the sea way in the distance. The room was clean and serviceable - just big enough. And the internet connection was strong. I don't like air-conditioning so I opened the window. The sky was blackening by the minute!

Next day the hotel staff served me breakfast in my room - it was slightly skimpy - but passable. They helped me arrange a driver to take me to the famous Gorge. The weather broke and though my walk was wonderful, by the time I got back to Hualien, I thought it was safer to stay in the room.

Next day was beautiful. It was warm and sunny at 6am and as I sat at my little table looking over the view with breakfast, a strong earthquake shook the building. Guests ran for the lifts as I stood in the doorway. It was over quickly.

The hotel is cheap and clean. The staff are friendly and their English is good. I really enjoyed my little break in Hualien, despite the typhoon and the earthquake!

Room tip: Try for the highest floor
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Stayed in room 401. Nice and clean but a bit congested with 2 double beds and 2 small sofa seats. Breakfast is ok, provided and served in the room at selected times and must be pre-ordered the day before.

Hotel has 11 floors and lobby is clean and provided with seats for waiting. It is within walking distance to the beach (about 15 to 20 minutes) and the Rainbow night market (about 20 minutes). Do note that Nambin night market had been closed down and no longer exist.

Service is ok, nothing good or bad to talk about. For the price, it is value for money.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank new88
Reviewed 22 October 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. Rooms are spacious and location is great as well, quite close to the night market (5 min taxi ride, 130 NTD)and city center. They lent us some bike for free, I recommend the bike trail to Qixintan (Chishing tarn).
However if you expect a new room, be careful. They have old and new room. We got an old one.
They picked us up from the train station ( they were late but it was nice to have someone pick you up).
The staff was nice and helpful.
It s nice affordable hotel for those with limited budget who are looking for a clean hotel.

Date of stay: October 2014