Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steve L
Wellington, New Zealand

Earthquake, Typhoon, Sanctuary!

Review of CJ Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 July 2015
I booked into CJ Hotel as the edge of a typhoon struck the eastern coast of the Island. I'd been working in Taipei and decided to have a 'beach break' at Hualien. The hotel was lovely - I was in room 602, the top floor, with a view back over the city to the hills and the sea way in the distance. The room was clean and serviceable - just big enough. And the internet connection was strong. I don't like air-conditioning so I opened the window. The sky was blackening by the minute!

Next day the hotel staff served me breakfast in my room - it was slightly skimpy - but passable. They helped me arrange a driver to take me to the famous Gorge. The weather broke and though my walk was wonderful, by the time I got back to Hualien, I thought it was safer to stay in the room.

Next day was beautiful. It was warm and sunny at 6am and as I sat at my little table looking over the view with breakfast, a strong earthquake shook the building. Guests ran for the lifts as I stood in the doorway. It was over quickly.

The hotel is cheap and clean. The staff are friendly and their English is good. I really enjoyed my little break in Hualien, despite the typhoon and the earthquake!
Date of stay: May 2015
Room Tip: Try for the highest floor
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$105
    AU$128
4.1 km from CJ Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Stayed in room 401. Nice and clean but a bit congested with 2 double beds and 2 small sofa seats. Breakfast is ok, provided and served in the room at selected times and must be pre-ordered the day before.

Hotel has 11 floors and lobby is clean and provided with seats for waiting. It is within walking distance to the beach (about 15 to 20 minutes) and the Rainbow night market (about 20 minutes). Do note that Nambin night market had been closed down and no longer exist.

Service is ok, nothing good or bad to talk about. For the price, it is value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank new88
Reviewed 22 October 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. Rooms are spacious and location is great as well, quite close to the night market (5 min taxi ride, 130 NTD)and city center. They lent us some bike for free, I recommend the bike trail to Qixintan (Chishing tarn).
However if you expect a new room, be careful. They have old and new room. We got an old one.
They picked us up from the train station ( they were late but it was nice to have someone pick you up).
The staff was nice and helpful.
It s nice affordable hotel for those with limited budget who are looking for a clean hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lefevrem
Reviewed 13 October 2014

Stay here for 2 nights. The rooms were clean and spacious. Just take note when using the electric kettle, check if the bottom of the kettle is clean else request to change it. There is also a good massage center around the hotel corner, go there for a nice massage after a long tired day.

First impression of the staffs wasn't that good as upon entering the hotel i greet the receptionist but she just ignore me and continuous doing her own stuffs. The rest of the staffs here was still ok.

Also do take note that the hotel provide 1 time free transportation to and fro from the train station. Do request for it, I didn't know about this until I ask the receptionist.

Room tip: Do request for the corner room as it was bigger then normal corridor door room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Cloviz
Reviewed 15 September 2014

What I like about CJ Hotel is its free bicycle rental (flashlight and lock included). Despite the convenient location of the hotel in the city center, you still need a bicycle to get around.

The newly relocated Rainbow Night Market is in the neighborhood. Nearby there are also famous sweets and snacks.

We (two adults) stayed a night at CJ Hotel. The staff was hospitable and helpful. Our needs and requests were satisfactorily met.

The room was comfortable enough. A bathtub was equipped. Free wireless Internet connection connection was available.

Breakfast is ordered when you check in to the hotel. It will be delivered to your room in the morning the next day.

On average, CJ Hotel is recommended for tourists with a limited budget who look for a clean and dependable hotel.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank JiveSun
Reviewed 14 September 2014

We chose CJ hotel to stay in Hualien , Taiwan based on other peoples' review. That was a good decision and no regrets.The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous right from the start till we checked out of the hotel . The staff were also very friendly and knowledgeable . We asked them how to move around the area, where are the good food places and even the approximate taxi fares. The room we got looks very new even though the hotel had been around for a long time. They have free coffee and cookies in the hotel lounge -- that makes one feel very welcome on arrival !

Date of stay: August 2014