Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Francinettee
Singapore, Singapore

Home away from home

Review of Fun House B&B
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Mar 2017via mobile
This is a long overdue post. We visited Hualien in Feb 2016, but till this day, my family and I still remember the warm hospitality and kindness of David and Sherry with fondness and gratitude.

Apart from the comfortable rooms, special mention must be made of the breakfast painstakingly prepared by Sherry each morning. And she does it with pride. Presentation was immaculate, but the taste impressed us even more. Because I was in the 2nd trimester if my pregnancy, Sherry went the extra mile to brew a pot of black soymilk for me, while the rest of the family were treated to freshly brewed coffee. Such was the extent of their attentiveness and generosity. We also enjoyed our conversations with them each morning. David and Sherry are such an open and sharing couple. We learned so much from them. Their food philosophy is to cook for their guests as if they are family. David and Sherry also have tips for getting around Hualien. Do engage them early in your trip plans to find out more.

The B&B is outside of the main town centre, some 10-15min away. But set in an affluent residential area that is tranquil and safe. A mere 2 min walk from the B&B is a lovely steamboat restaurant, in fact it served up the best hotpot that we had all trip. Generous portions and mind-blowing on a chilly night.

Their lifestyle is inspiring and has convinced us that Hualien must be one of the best cities in the world to live in. If we ever visit Hualien again, will definitely return to Fun House.
Date of stay: April 2016
戶外泳池
    AU$125
6.3 km from Fun House B&B
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We loved Fun house from the moment we stepped in. We were warmly welcomed by David, Sherry and Ann ( The Host ) and after an easy check in we were shown our room on the 3rd floor. The house and the room is well done up, clean and with a lot of arty touch around the house. I heard Ann loves art and perhaps I think that's the influence.

The room looks out to the beautiful mountains of Toroko and what a feeling to sit on the bed sipping coffee watching the clouds change textures and frames every single second. It's bliss !!!

I highly recommend Fun house for a great stay and I am definitely going to come back again sooner than later !

谢谢 David, Sherry & Ann

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 91kailashn
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Five friends recommended this place to me - independently. I decided to spend 3 nights here as a luxurious treat for my 25 days backpacking trip.

It's awesome. The moment you step into this beautiful house, you can feel your body and mind relax. Everything about Funhouse spells comfort and relaxation. Each room is furnished different and all are equally nice. I had the Alps Garden on the 4th storey. Woke up in the morning with a view of the mountain through the window on the wall facing my bed. How cool is that?

The hosts - David and Sherry and their daughter, Ann are warm and helpful. They exude a positive energy.

Breakfast is yummy and a feast for the eyes too. Best soy milk I have ever tasted. Freshly made!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Very nice bnb in a quiet neighbourhood in Hualien. Only about 5-10 minutes away from the night market. The host were really willing to help us out and make our stay as great as possible. Their breakfast had a lot of love put into and was much appreciated. Their organic soy bean milk was possibly the best I'd ever had. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015

My family and I stayed in David's place for two nights in late December. The rooms are beautifully furnished and clean. David and his family were very helpful and kind in suggesting places to visit. They were ready to respond to any of our request and made our stay a comfortable one. Breakfast prepared by Sherry and Ann was a highlight! The homemade soybean milk, toasts, breads and fresh fruits made my day. As for the location, the B&B is around 10 min taxi ride from the city/ the railway station. Considering the low taxi fare in Hualian that wasn't a problem for us at all! Thank you David's family, we would love to stay at their place again !

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I have spent a night at Fun House with my girlfriend at the beginning of October 2015. The owner, David, and his daughter Ann were extremely nice, warm, welcoming and all around wonderful hosts. They speak perfect English, and were very helpful in suggesting cool spots to check out, and the best restaurants and shops in town.

The house itself is beautifully and tastefully furnished, it is impeccably clean and it features all of the amenities one might want, from fast wi-fi connection to Apple TV and A/C. Our room also came with a beautiful balcony full of ornamental plants and flowers.

Finally, breakfast was amazing and delicious. Some of the food included homemade garlic bread, traditional Taiwanese breakfast, and a lot of fruits.

I am planning another trip in the area next year, and I can't wait to be back here.
Thanks for the wonderful experience, David and Ann!

Date of stay: October 2015