Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kailash N
Singapore, Singapore

Pleasant. Awesome. Fun House

Review of Fun House B&B
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Oct 2016via mobile
We loved Fun house from the moment we stepped in. We were warmly welcomed by David, Sherry and Ann ( The Host ) and after an easy check in we were shown our room on the 3rd floor. The house and the room is well done up, clean and with a lot of arty touch around the house. I heard Ann loves art and perhaps I think that's the influence.

The room looks out to the beautiful mountains of Toroko and what a feeling to sit on the bed sipping coffee watching the clouds change textures and frames every single second. It's bliss !!!

I highly recommend Fun house for a great stay and I am definitely going to come back again sooner than later !

谢谢 David, Sherry & Ann

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    AU$108
    AU$106
    AU$128
6.3 km from Fun House B&B
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Five friends recommended this place to me - independently. I decided to spend 3 nights here as a luxurious treat for my 25 days backpacking trip.

It's awesome. The moment you step into this beautiful house, you can feel your body and mind relax. Everything about Funhouse spells comfort and relaxation. Each room is furnished different and all are equally nice. I had the Alps Garden on the 4th storey. Woke up in the morning with a view of the mountain through the window on the wall facing my bed. How cool is that?

The hosts - David and Sherry and their daughter, Ann are warm and helpful. They exude a positive energy.

Breakfast is yummy and a feast for the eyes too. Best soy milk I have ever tasted. Freshly made!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Very nice bnb in a quiet neighbourhood in Hualien. Only about 5-10 minutes away from the night market. The host were really willing to help us out and make our stay as great as possible. Their breakfast had a lot of love put into and was much appreciated. Their organic soy bean milk was possibly the best I'd ever had. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015

My family and I stayed in David's place for two nights in late December. The rooms are beautifully furnished and clean. David and his family were very helpful and kind in suggesting places to visit. They were ready to respond to any of our request and made our stay a comfortable one. Breakfast prepared by Sherry and Ann was a highlight! The homemade soybean milk, toasts, breads and fresh fruits made my day. As for the location, the B&B is around 10 min taxi ride from the city/ the railway station. Considering the low taxi fare in Hualian that wasn't a problem for us at all! Thank you David's family, we would love to stay at their place again !

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I have spent a night at Fun House with my girlfriend at the beginning of October 2015. The owner, David, and his daughter Ann were extremely nice, warm, welcoming and all around wonderful hosts. They speak perfect English, and were very helpful in suggesting cool spots to check out, and the best restaurants and shops in town.

The house itself is beautifully and tastefully furnished, it is impeccably clean and it features all of the amenities one might want, from fast wi-fi connection to Apple TV and A/C. Our room also came with a beautiful balcony full of ornamental plants and flowers.

Finally, breakfast was amazing and delicious. Some of the food included homemade garlic bread, traditional Taiwanese breakfast, and a lot of fruits.

I am planning another trip in the area next year, and I can't wait to be back here.
Thanks for the wonderful experience, David and Ann!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Settled in a nice quaint neighbourhood, we felt like part of the family the moment we stepped in. Hosts were warm and friendly and gave very good recommendations to local attractions, food and cafes.

Breakfast was amazing. Home cooked goodness beautifully presented as if you were having high tea at a 5 star hotel.

It is recommended to drive in Hualian, and coming here involves a couple of small turns but well worth it. The neighbourhood is nice quiet and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed the 4-person room we booked, it was nice, spacious and we had a nice view of the mountains from the window when we woke up.

Highly recommended!