Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
coralkong502
Singapore, Singapore

CULLINAN HOTEL

Review of Cullinan Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Dec 2015
GOOD:
· The room was clean with hot shower, shampoo/soap/toothbrush amenities, refrigerator, tea/coffee and drinking water facilities, free wifi, central AC, TV(>30 channels). Safe.
· Quick checkin.
· room with window. Good views.
· Good breakfast included.
NEUTRAL:
· helpful staff.
BAD:
CONCLUSIONS:
· a good place for staying in relation to the price. Coming back?: HUALIEN YES; HOTEL: YES.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • KLOOK
    AU$165
3.8 km from Cullinan Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2015

It was an extremely pleasant stay at Cullinan. Quite near to Far East Mall, and I remember it being relatively near to Zi Qiang Night Market; great place for food. Service was excellent. Arranged for transfer from the train station but their vehicle broke down, they settled it by requesting for us to take a taxi which they paid directly to the driver upon our arrival. Breakfast was nice too. I stayed there in January 2014 (Yes, my review was severely delayed, I only remember when I want to book Cullinan again for my upcoming trip in Dec - they are fully booked on the day I am going to Hualien.)

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank May2g
Reviewed 19 November 2015

The hotel provides free pick up to and from the train station (or airport?). Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel room is clean and spacious. Hotel is located next to Shopping Mall, 7-Eleven and local shops and eateries.

Recommended to take cab to and from train station, as it is a long walk and bus is not frequent.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This hotel provides free shuttle service to and from the train station. Hotel staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Help organise tours during our stay in Hualien which was very enjoyable and tour prices reasonable.

Hotel room was clean and bed comfortable. Wifi was good and many channels on TV.

Hotel is located next to Far East Shopping Mall. There is a food court and supermarket at the basement level.

Hotel is just a short walk to one of the streets with good restaurants and cafes where the locals dined.

Response via emails from the hotel was fast and information given was helpful. A great hotel to stay in Hualien.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TJX05
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I visited with my wife and kids + 2 more friends with their families. Cullinan provides excellent value for money. I didn't expect it to provide all the services they did for the price. Breakfast, pick up and drop from the hotel, free wifi, clean hygienic rooms, 2 double beds in the room, even special food arrangements at breakfast since we were vegetarians - all for TWD 2500 inclusive of taxes (USD 80). Not bad at all. The staff is very good. Nothing to complain.

Room tip: Choose the room with 2 double beds if you are travelling with kids.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank takeanyuserid
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Location: it was 10 mins drive from Hua lien train station. 5 mins drive from zi qiang night market and 15 mins walk to zhong shan road. It is considered okay however, I did try to walk around but will not recommend anyone to walk to their destination as it can be unsafe especially when it is raining.

Room: by far has the largest room I have stayed in Taiwan. Room is clean and neat. But did not fancy the decor. Something I don't like about the room is the toilet. Small bath tub that looks old and worn out. And the water temperature of the shower is not consistent. I felt like I was starred in Katy Perry's Hot and Cold.

Service: was impressed with the pick up and drop off service to and from the hotel. Staff was on time upon picking us up. However, the experience ends there. Staff back at the hotel were cold. They saw you standing at the lobby but does not acknowledge nor smile. Generally, it gave an impression that they are unfriendly and unhelpful.

We also booked a tour to Taroko gorge which cost us 1000TWD per pax. Service from him was bare minimum. He did not feed us with enough information to know the history of the places to such extend that I have to keep prompting him for more details. He surely just let u know the name of the place of attraction, let you down to walk around, pick u up and that's it. I would prefer someone who are more knowledgeable and someone who bring us around to ensure our safety than one who just ferry us there and dump us at a location and drives off to the end of the location and wait for us there. Point to note, there are many death incidents at Taroko gorge. He should be tgt with us so that in any case of any emergency, he will be there to help. I remember that there was one part where we hike for almost an hour without knowing what's ahead of us and any info on what's going on, the experience was pretty scary.

There is also complimentary breakfast. It was edible but not as bad as what other reviewers had highlighted.

Overall, I will not come back to this hotel as I am sure there will be better hotels out there that will provide a better service and room facilities at the same price I paid for. If you are not fussy about the above mention, it is still okay to give it a shot.

Date of stay: May 2015