Agoda.com
No fees just great deals
Lol.travel
MartinG1984
Bratislava, Slovakia

Pretty good standard

Review of Herhuan Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2020
For a 3-star hotel it provides standard services. The room was clean and the bed comfy with a hard mattress. The bathroom would need an update though. The breakfast was fine with Chinese buffet + toasts.
Date of stay: January 2020
Room Tip: As far away from the elevator as possible - it makes a "gong" whenever it arrives to...
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
0.2 km from Herhuan Hotel
    AU$140
0.2 km from Herhuan Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2019

Conveniently near the station and entirely non-smoking it gives the impression of having once been quite lovely but now heading more toward shabby.

The wifi was flawless, the room was clean enough. The bathroom was quite peculiar giving the impression that someone had converted another room, perhaps even a balcony, into a bathroom with a wallpapered over window into the main room.

Room cleaning needs to be asked for, which is fine for just a couple of days. The breakfast was "next door" with a pretty basic buffet.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank AnitaNgaire1
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The hotel is very near Hualien station. It takes 5-10 minutes to walk to the hotel from the station. It is easy to find with an online map. There are convenient stores around.

At my arrival (late at night due to my train time), I was so tired but had to wait for long even when I already booked the hotel before the trip. I don't understand Chinese but I can see they had difficulties to check my booking. The staffs discussed with each other a lot and made some phone calls. Finally, they said the booking was fine.

The staffs are nice but not professional. They cannot speak English well. They can only understand or speak limited English such as keywords so it is hard to communicate.

Price of rooms is reasonable. Rooms are old. Facilities are quite old and basic. The hotel should improve and renew everything much if they want to attract and keep visitors coming.

Breakfast sounds traditional. It was not diverse I still had it well. Maybe it is not good to other ones.

Room tip: High floor is more quiet
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

當我入住這家飯店時,我告訴王小姐,在我入住2晚的時候,我不需要任何清潔服務。我問她是否有一個免打擾(DND)的標誌,我可以掛在門口。她說我們不會清理你的房間,沒有免打擾(DND)的標誌, 除非你要求打掃。

地毯很髒. 浴室根本沒有浴簾。我從來沒有住過一個沒有浴簾的酒店。淋浴後,浴室地板上到處是水,容易跌倒.

Wi-Fi信號非常弱,互聯網連接不斷斷開或根本不可用。

我通過酒店買了一日遊。他們告訴我,他們會在第二天早上8:45左右接我。我要酒店在第二天上午七點和七點半叫醒我。 第二天完全没有叫醒。他们忘了.

當我第二天上午8時20分在前台問林小姐的時候,她告訴我有時間有足夠的時間吃早餐,他們會在上午8:45左右接你。 林小姐8點半到樓下告訴我,旅遊公司正在等我. 我不能吃完早餐就要走了。

旅行結束後,當我回到這家酒店時,我很驚訝,他們已經進入了我的房間。我問王小姐為什麼進了我的房間,而王小姐答應我沒有人會進入我的房間,除非我要求。她說這是他們的錯誤。

這是個人隱私的嚴重侵犯.他們無法證明他們藉打掃衛生之名在我房間做了什麼.

我告訴她,我想和酒店老闆說話。她拒絕提供姓名,電話號碼或電子郵件,說他不在台灣。

花蓮的合歡飯店無論是服務還是設施都太差了. 根本不是3星級最多1星級飯店.

This is the worst "hotel" I have ever stayed. I will NOT stay at this "hotel" even for free!!

When I checked into this hotel, I told Ms. Wang that I did not need any cleaning service during my 2-night stay. I asked her if there's a Do Not Disturb (DND) sign that I could hang on the door. She said we would not clean your room unless you ask and no DND sign in this hotel.

The carpet was very dirty. The bathroom had no shower curtain at all. This hotel is so cheap. I have never stayed at a hotel all over the world that does not have a shower curtain. After the shower, the bathroom floor was flooded.

The wi-fi signal was very weak, and Internet connection was constantly disconnected or not available at all, which is very difficult to do any business online. I had to work in their back office using their wired Internet at midnight for a while.

I bought a 1-day tour the next day through the hotel. They told me they would pick me up around 8:45am in the morning next day. I asked the hotel to set up wake up call the next day at 7am and 7:30am.

No wake up calls. When I spke to Ms. Lin the next day at the front desk around 8:20am, she siad you had enough time to have your breakfast as they would come to pick you up around 8:45am.

Ms. Lin then came downstairs to tell me at 8:30am the tour company was waiting for me to pick up when I could not finish my breakfast.

After the tour, when I went back to this hotel, I was so surprised that they entered my room already. I asked Ms. Wang why they entered my room whereas she promised me no one would entered my room unless I ask. She said it's their mistake. This is privacy breach and violation. This is serious. They cannot prove to me what they did in my room and for how long.

I told her I would like to speak to the hotel owner. She refused to provide the owner name, phone number or email, saying he's out Taiwan.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Room facility was very good, although you can see that there are some tears. It has cable TV with choice of Chinese and English. There were extra duvet in room. Free bottle of water, free tea (Chinese, not English) coffee. 5 ~ 10 minutes walking distance from Railway station. There were wide variety choice of breakfast and food were hot enough when we went down in beginning of breakfast time. Actually, you could go earlier than 7 am. We went there by travel agency's recommendation. But when we arrived, the hotel said it was advertised in web as 1980 NT dollars, but when we mentioned that the travel agency said 1600, then they reduced price. It may be possible to negotiate price if off-peak season, I believe. Some website in UK listed 1600 NT dollars as basic room (two single bed in a room) and more for a standard double room, but we were given a standard double room for a price of basic room. There is very good dumpling restaurant (taste and price) as well as hot pot restaurant (just 3 minutes walk after turning to right from hotel entrance).

Wifi was free and faster than current hotel wifi, which is a little bit slow

Much better than current hotel in Keelung, which has 3 and half star...

Room tip: Ask for a room not facing a street
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Hehuan Hotel in Hualien, Taiwan is old and needs lots of deferred maintenance in the rooms. Rooms are noisy with lots of street noise, carpets are old and dirty, bathrooms are old, and need to be replaced. Lobby is large, but full of mosquitoes when sitting there. Parking is non-existent. Free breakfast at 7:00 is mediocre selection. At 7:30, most of the hot food had cooled down, including eggs. Instant coffee. The one elevator is tiny with room for only 2 with luggage. Conveniently located a few blocks from train station. Good wi-fi. Employees do not speak English.

Room tip: Don't take any room facing street - noisy.
Date of stay: June 2013