Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
davidhughtaylor
Melbourne, Australia

nice quiet hotel close to train station

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Apr 2024
big hotel close to train station. large rooms and bathrooms including a bath. friendly staff and very clean although the fittings are getting a little worn. Great breakfast in the basement and free coffee machine and couch area in reception. The robust construction of the hotel evident when it a great job staying together during the Magnitude 7.4 Earthquake despite the massive shaking and very loud vibration noises!
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.7 km from Hualien Charming City Hotel
    AU$84
2.1 km from Hualien Charming City Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
All reviews near the train station room was clean short stay western options breakfast buffet internet
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2023 via mobile

The hotel is near the train station. The room has basic amenities. Very outdated. Towels are worn out. Internet is slow. I didn’t get to try the breakfast. I am glad we stayed for less than 24 hours.

We had dinner in a nice eatery at the back of the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2023

This was a cheap & average hotel for someone on a budget. The room was clean and the aircon was acceptable while the shower was dated but satisfying. The one feature I really disliked was the breakfast buffet which did not offer any Western options which was disappointing. Overall, this was an adequate experience and was satisfactory in the end.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2019

The location is super with couple of minutes away from the train station, they offer free bikes , clean room.
Other than that really there is nothing special, there is a room for children to play , the gym is not really a gym but there is fully equipped gym close to the hotel for 150nt$ a day

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank nkissa
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This hotel is totally NOT charming, despite the name.
Apart from the fact it is really close to the train station and it has a very large parking lot I don't see may reasons to book your stay here.

Some minor points (in my humble opinion):
- really bad check-in service. (they lost my reservation and then after 5 minutes they retrieved it... and gave me my key ..without any explanation of the hotel)
- rooms (and overall the hotel) are really outdated.
- cleaning is not so good as they did not even bother to sweep the floor (they just brough new towels)
- the breakfast must have been the worst breakfast (even though cheap: 220) I had in Taiwan
- the gym is ready for the museum, it dates from the 80's and is hardly worth the name 'gym'
- really bad check-out service. As my train left in the afternoon I asked them to store my luggage and when I got back to retrieve them I asked if I could change my clothes somewhere and they just responded 'NO, not possible'.
- the distance to the center is really far, so you would need a taxi or scooter

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights. The location of the hotel is quite well as it is an eye-catching building near the train station. Also, it is famous among the taxi drivers too! There are ATM, convenient stores, supermarket and breakfast shop nearby(around 5-minute-walk).我們住了三晚, 飯店的地點十分好!在火車站一帶好容易一眼就望到飯店, 而且一說到香城大飯店時, 的士司機都已經知道在哪。飯店5分鐘路程內亦有ATM、便利店、超級市場和早餐店。

We booked a room for 3 but they provided us a room for 4 finally. It was surprising! The staff were nice and helpful! The room was clean and spacious. Another surprising thing was that there were 2 sets of sink and mirror including the one in toilet! The wifi was stable. The facilities in the room were in good condition which satisfy our needs.我們訂的是三人房但最後我們可以入住一間又乾淨又寬敞的4人房, 真的喜出望外! 職員都十分友善:) 此外, 除了浴室內, 房中有第二個洗手盆和鏡子! Wifi十分穩定而房中其他基本設施都跟其他飯店大同小異, 而且都是可用沒壞掉的。

We also visited the gym room on B/F. It was clean and quiet. There were some basic gym machine but some of the them were out of order. I still enjoyed the snooker and scorer machine very much! There were several computers for internet too but we didn't use. One thing to remind is the opening hour of gym room ends at 22:00 everyday.我們都去了地下一層的健身室, 同樣是十分乾淨和寧靜。健身室內有基本的健身器械但有一部分故障了, 十分可惜。不過我都可以打桌球和足球機。室內一旁都有電腦可借用但我們沒有借。要留意的一點就是健身室每天只開放到晚上十點。

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CharmingCityHotels, other at Hualien Charming City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We will keep striving to provide satisfied service to our guests. Thanks for your valuable opinions. We look forward to your next visit.