Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lakepowell2k
Mapleton, Utah

Two nights

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2017via mobile
This place is very close to the train station. I walked in for price quote while my wife searched prices online just outside, the walk-in price was cheaper and includes breakfast. The staff was very friendly and spoke enough English that we had no problems, they gave us info on the city, and Taroko National Park. They also offered to line up drivers and tours.
One very outgoing staff member Wendy explained some of the history and culture of Hualien, told us the must see places while we were here. Wendy signed us up for the half day Taroko National Park tour with a private driver that picked us up at the hotel. This service is insured and registered with the government, it was nice to know that we were with a legitimate company in a well maintained vehicle.
The room was clean, beds were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean, we were on the 9th floor and it was quiet. Breakfast was mostly Taiwanese / Chinese food, along with some basic breakfast items. Plenty coffee and tea. I enjoyed the breakfast.
I gave this place 4 stars because the service provide by front desk staff "Wendy", the over all cleanliness of the hotel, The location to the train station, the price value, it's not a plush hotel and it is in the country side. I would stay here again.
Date of stay: April 2017
    AU$159
  • ZenHotels.com
0.2 km from Hualien Charming City Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
All reviews near the train station room was clean short stay western options breakfast buffet internet
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed a night in this hotel our room is a very good size with plenty of room for baggage, free Wi Fi , restaurant in the hotel had good food at a very good price , good bed , room clean , had good seperate shower , spa bath and 2 vanity units but the only comment I would like to make the room smelled like smoke

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominic C
Reviewed 5 January 2017

My wife and I (both 60 years old), were staying at Hualien Charming City Hotel only one night on 15 -16, December, 2016 on our way from Taroko Park to Sun-Moon Lake (via Taichung city).
The most attractive futures of this hotel are:
Chic-Cleanliness, chic-Customer-friendly staff, walking distance to Main Train Station.
The breakfast was great: you may choose between Asia and European-style meals.
General Note. If the tourist is not speaking Chinese dialects – difficulties in communications guarantied in Taiwan. Be ready! Have addresses of your destinations written in Chinese, and with the phone number of destination. People of Taiwan are very friendly, and they will do best to assist you.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is not new but in my opinion well maintained and the room is clean and tidy. Breakfast is ok if you are not fussy - more like local food.

Service wise is generally ok - you need to approach the hotel staff for help. Do not expect they will be sensitive to your needs without asking.

The basement playground is a treat to the kids and that is one big plus point for us in this trip.

Overall don't expect 4 stars above hotel treatment and you will have a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 22Water
Reviewed 7 November 2016

After a long day travelling I was delighted to find not only a bath in our room but a spa bath- unfortunately it didn't work. We decided to eat in the hotel when we read the really good menu in the room, unfortunately when we reached the restaurant we were told it was an old menu. The new menu looked nowhere as good but by then we didn't want to go elsewhere. I did not enjoy the meal. When I came to wash my hair there was no hairdryer. Not up to scratch.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellerX49
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I book hualien charming city hotel for 27 - 28 Sept 2016 from Ctrip. That day when i want to go to hualien from taipei (27 Sept), taipei have taifun, so Taiwan high sped railway can not operate. When i know the situation i ask the front office in my hotel to help me to cancel hualien charming city hotel. The hotel said i must get cancellation letter from Ctrip, so the front office call ctrip to cancell. After long telephone n must wait to Ctrip comunicate with hualien, Ctrip's customer service said the hotel will pinalty me NTD 200 for my cancellation. I am very angry, i can not went to hua lien because disaster not because my fault. So why i must get pinalty. After that i must wait again, Ctrip hold my telephone and finally the customer service said she will call me again tommorow because the booking employee from hualien charming city not on duty.
28 Sept i got email that i must wait again until 29 Sept. I reply the email again and explain that it is not my fault but it is disaster.
Finally 30 Sept Ctrip email me and said since the booking can not be cancelled they can not refund the room fee and Ctrip will compensate in C money to my account in Ctrip. I refuse because i dont know when i book hotel use Ctrip again.

Finally Ctrip said will refund my money.

But my suggest dont stay at hua lien charming city hotel. The just want our money.
Very bad experience with Hualien charming city hotel. Already know disaster but still can cancell and refund our money

Date of stay: September 2016