Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dominic C

Dominic Chircop

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Mar 2017via mobile
Stayed a night in this hotel our room is a very good size with plenty of room for baggage, free Wi Fi , restaurant in the hotel had good food at a very good price , good bed , room clean , had good seperate shower , spa bath and 2 vanity units but the only comment I would like to make the room smelled like smoke
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Hotels.com
    AU$138
2.9 km from Hualien Charming City Hotel
View more hotels in Hualien City
All reviews near the train station room was clean short stay western options breakfast buffet internet
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2017

My wife and I (both 60 years old), were staying at Hualien Charming City Hotel only one night on 15 -16, December, 2016 on our way from Taroko Park to Sun-Moon Lake (via Taichung city).
The most attractive futures of this hotel are:
Chic-Cleanliness, chic-Customer-friendly staff, walking distance to Main Train Station.
The breakfast was great: you may choose between Asia and European-style meals.
General Note. If the tourist is not speaking Chinese dialects – difficulties in communications guarantied in Taiwan. Be ready! Have addresses of your destinations written in Chinese, and with the phone number of destination. People of Taiwan are very friendly, and they will do best to assist you.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is not new but in my opinion well maintained and the room is clean and tidy. Breakfast is ok if you are not fussy - more like local food.

Service wise is generally ok - you need to approach the hotel staff for help. Do not expect they will be sensitive to your needs without asking.

The basement playground is a treat to the kids and that is one big plus point for us in this trip.

Overall don't expect 4 stars above hotel treatment and you will have a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 22Water
Reviewed 7 November 2016

After a long day travelling I was delighted to find not only a bath in our room but a spa bath- unfortunately it didn't work. We decided to eat in the hotel when we read the really good menu in the room, unfortunately when we reached the restaurant we were told it was an old menu. The new menu looked nowhere as good but by then we didn't want to go elsewhere. I did not enjoy the meal. When I came to wash my hair there was no hairdryer. Not up to scratch.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellerX49
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I book hualien charming city hotel for 27 - 28 Sept 2016 from Ctrip. That day when i want to go to hualien from taipei (27 Sept), taipei have taifun, so Taiwan high sped railway can not operate. When i know the situation i ask the front office in my hotel to help me to cancel hualien charming city hotel. The hotel said i must get cancellation letter from Ctrip, so the front office call ctrip to cancell. After long telephone n must wait to Ctrip comunicate with hualien, Ctrip's customer service said the hotel will pinalty me NTD 200 for my cancellation. I am very angry, i can not went to hua lien because disaster not because my fault. So why i must get pinalty. After that i must wait again, Ctrip hold my telephone and finally the customer service said she will call me again tommorow because the booking employee from hualien charming city not on duty.
28 Sept i got email that i must wait again until 29 Sept. I reply the email again and explain that it is not my fault but it is disaster.
Finally 30 Sept Ctrip email me and said since the booking can not be cancelled they can not refund the room fee and Ctrip will compensate in C money to my account in Ctrip. I refuse because i dont know when i book hotel use Ctrip again.

Finally Ctrip said will refund my money.

But my suggest dont stay at hua lien charming city hotel. The just want our money.
Very bad experience with Hualien charming city hotel. Already know disaster but still can cancell and refund our money

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Upon arriving Hualien, despite the heavy rain, we reached the hotel 3.5 hours earlier. We checked with the receptionist if we are able to check in earlier. We don't mind paying more to have an earlier check-in as we were really tired after 12 hours of flight and train ride. The staff mentioned the room was not ready. Initially, we were alright with it because we understand that it was too early and that the housekeeping may still need more time to get the room ready. We then headed down to the restaurant for lunch. We took our time in the restaurant and went back to the reception counter, hoping that we can able to check in at 2.15pm. The staff told us that we could not check in between 12pm to 3pm and will let us know if the room is ready. We understand that and continue to wait at the lobby. Around 2.30pm, there were other travellers who arrived and everyone were waiting at the main lobby too. At 3pm sharp, we went over to the counter again. We found out that they're attending and arranging rooms for other travellers who arrived later instead of us. We were really disappointed with the hotel's service. It was also my partner's birthday on the next day. We waited for 3.5 hours for the room to be ready.

Knowing that Taroko National Park is not accessible on the following day due to typhoon, we would really want to visit other tourist attraction locations as this was the first time that we come to Hualien. We approached the service counter. One of the staffs was really nice to describe the few locations that they have in the agenda. On the actual day, the tour guide brought us to only some of the locations mentioned but not all locations were covered. Yet, he brought us to some other places that he preferred which were nothing interesting to us. It doesn't matter to us at first. However, the next incident really made us mad.

After the one-day tour, the typhoon sound bad. Upon reaching the hotel, we called up the front desk to check with them if there's any cancellation with the train the next day. They mentioned that there's no news with the cancellation of train. If there's any cancellation of train to Taipei, they will inform us. The next day, we checked out as per normal. Our train was 11.17am. We waited until 11.10am. The train number did not appeared at the boarding screen. At the station, we asked one of the staffs there. She mentioned that the train was CANCELLED this morning. We were not told about the cancellation of the train upon checking out. We had no choice but to re-book the earliest ticket at 6.27pm as there will be no transport from Hualien to Taipei anytime before 6pm. We were so disappointed with the hotel's service and experience in overall.

Breakfast- Acceptable
Location - 3 to 5mins walk from railway station.
Nearby amenities- 7/11 convenience store
Room: Small, the picture shown is much more attractive. Do not think it is worth the price.

We did not blame them for the cancellation of train. As we know that it's totally not under their control and unavoidable, we hope that the service will be better as their words were so contradicting. Travellers who have been there for the first time may not feel safe and welcomed staying in the hotel.

I would not considered staying at this hotel again or recommending to other friends.

Date of stay: September 2016