“HAD A WONDERFUL STAY”
other travellers have booked this property
Living area.
Living area. AC in all rooms.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living area.
Living area. AC in all rooms.
Large veranda with cool fans.
Pool area.
Pool setting surrounded by luxurious gardens.
Plenty of parking in a gated lot.
Outdoor dining.
Outdoor bar.
Outdoor kitchen.
Kitchen.
Breakfast bar.
Master bedroom off the pool. Includes AC.
Master bedroom.
Master bathroom.
Master bathroom.
Master outdoor shower.
Guest bathroom.
Sunset at Playa Grande where you can also see some turtles.
Playa Potrero and its surrounding beaches such as Flamingo are just minutes away.
Playa Potrero is a beautiful and tranquil beach with a small marina on one end. 8-10 minute walk.
Swim in the falls at Rincon de la Vieja Volcano Park
Stop at the fruits and vegetables market during your morning stroll.
You can relax under your own palm tree.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kiwesa
New York City, New York
“HAD A WONDERFUL STAY”
Reviewed 28 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

From the moment we arrived in Liberia we knew we were in for a great time. Upon seeing our accommodations we expected to have a spectacular vacation. The pool looked so inviting and to see the outdoor kitchen the expectations were on the rise. The villa was wonderful and enjoyed many of our cooked meals in the outdoor dining area. Enjoyed fresh lemonade, the star fruit was delicious and the guava was superb. Lillian our host was very helpful and gave us a grand tour of the area. This was not our first trip to Potrero and definitly not our last as my wife and I are looking for that special place in Costa Rica.

Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The mosquitos
Friends getaway
JeffTLC
Austin, Texas
“Loved this place and will be back! Don't listen to the 1 negative guy!”
Reviewed 12 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We (my wife and 2 young daughters) just returned from CR (our 3rd family visit and my 4th) and we couldn't have been happier with our stay at Oceanside Villa! We look forward to our next stay here. I've stayed at a few very nice places in CR, but never once have I loved a stay so much I wanted to stay in the exact same place a 2nd time.

First off I have to address the 1 negative review for this property as I really don't understand most of it. If the guy wanted The Four Seasons he should have gone there (and would have paid a lot more!) While its true this is not "Oceanside", and its also true that with a rental car and 2 young children (ages 8 and 9) we didn't walk to anything nearby, the ocean, grocery stores and several places to eat were VERY close by.

We stayed for 7 days and saw no trace of any "sinister gardeners" and only saw the pool guy for all of 10 minutes once during our stay.

The size of the place and décor are pretty darn well described and pictured, and VERY comfortably slept my family of 4. We spent most of our time outside though as between the outdoor kitchen, dining table, 2 couches and lovely pool, there wasn't a huge need to hang out inside except to brew coffee in the mornings and sleep at night.

Lilian the property manager was very friendly and easy to deal with. We only had 1 minor issue with one of the AC units and she had a repair person out first thing the next morning (I made the request late in the day) and it was fixed inside of 30 minutes.

In the outside area, almost as large as the indoor living area, you are surrounded by coconut, papaya, starfruit and lime trees and lots of exotic (to us) birds and some lizards. True like MANY roads in small towns in Costa Rica, the road is not paved, but we were not "surrounded by a dust cloud" at any point (the road was very rarely driven on by anyone) and as far as light after dark goes, the place is well lit and they provide flashlights too.

As far as blankets go, there were plenty of extras in the closet and I feel quite sure had we needed or wanted more that Lilian would have brought us some inside of 10 minutes (she's about 3 blocks away).

As far as privacy goes, you have the pool all to yourself as Casa Mango and Casa Limon (the 2 duplex-style apartments also on the property) aren't allowed access. True your house is next door (about 20' away), but we heard no noise and only ever saw the occupants once and never heard anything from the other surrounding neighbors (unless you count lizards). We had total privacy.

OK, so I will present a few slight negatives as almost any place you rent will have some and I do want to be thorough, but I want to reiterate they would in no way cause me to not stay here again:

1. Roaches in the bathroom (they obviously expect it as there is bug spray under the sink). I sprayed the bugs on day 1 and never saw any more

2. The only AC units are in the bedroom (2) so the living room was always a tad warmer than I would ideally want. There are, however, a total of 6 ceiling fans and the bedrooms go so cold we would typically turn them off at night.

3. The property has a washing machine, but if you're coming from the states, this is kind of a manual unit that requires manually filling and draining and wringing out before line drying. I kind of got into the "zen" of it, but it was a tad more time consuming.

One thing I really appreciated, compared to other places I've rented that had kitchens was the fact that a lot of the basic kitchen staples (spices, oils, vinegars, coffee filter, etc) are all stocked, so it was nice to not have to buy all that, especially since we wouldn't have used even half of it.

Overall we LOVED this place! It gave us a sense of what it might be like to live there and gave us an authentic taste of this amazing country. We also loved the town of Portrero and found it to be a great jumping off point to lots of other great destinations not too far away and was within an hour's drive of the Liberia airport. If you want to relax in a tropical paradise and just enjoy yourself and your family or friends and don't want something fussy like a resort, this place is PERFECT for up to 4 folks.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor living space/pool
Liked least: the furniture in the inside living room
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
rilcacook...
Toronto, Canada
“Positive life changing experience!”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

A wonderful experience. Home is so comfortable and the outdoor kitchen; outstanding! Neighbours are so friendly and helpful. Wildlife is abundant and fascinating. Beaches that never end and sunsets that bring a new colour experience to sky and sea.
Heartfelt thanks for a wonderful stay and experiences that will last forever.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: AC a little loud but who cares! Everything else was wonderful.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Amara S
Richmond Hill, Canada
“A Beautiful Costa Rican Getaway”
Reviewed 19 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

I just came back from renting Oceanside Villa. The owners describe these homes as Tico style homes however the homes have hot water, air-conditioning in every room, with pool and cleaning services. They also have cable TV and Wifi - did not expect a Tico style home with all these services! We were extremely comfortable in this home and are planning on returning next year for the third time. There are 5 different beaches in the area. Playa Potrero, Playa Penca, Playa Prieta, Playa Dante and Playa Flamingo . It took my husband and I exactly 8 minutes to walk to Playa Potrero. There are two supermarkets at a 10 to 15-minutes walk. What I also liked about this rental is the property manager assigned. Her name is Lilian and she was amazing. She set up our shuttle bus from the airport to the Villa as well as our return to the airport. She also organized our car rental and answered all our questions. When she checked us in she left us her business card so that we can call her at any time. There are no cupboards in the kitchen but nice guanacaste wood shelvings give it a very European feel. I also like the fact that I could do laundry. The cleaning staff even offered to do my laundry and I accepted. Cost me 5 dollars, we wish we could bring her back home with us lol. For those considering coming to this location, remember that the seasons are very different. Rainy season is September and October, November and December everything is green and lush. January and February it is dry but beautiful and March \ April extremely hot and dry. Like I mentioned, this is our third time renting here and enjoyed renting at different times to experience the different seasons. Another thing I like about this villa is the fact that there is a roof over hanging the outside sitting area. There is a large eating and sitting area that makes it very welcoming on hot afternoons, especially after a dip in the pool. They also have an outside shower to rinse off sand after a beautiful walk on the beach. We have already booked two weeks for next year. We are looking forward in returning. The price is right and our experience was very positive. Thank you (the owners) for sharing this little paradise with us, someday, we hope to meet.
Amara

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Berncod
Toronto, Canada
“This is one of the greatest places we stayed in Costa Rica. Calm, cosy and charming.”
Reviewed 17 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We parked our rented car inside the gated compound. The Villa had everything we needed including a great outdoor kitchen and bar. It was nice to have a refreshing drink at the outdoor bar and cool off in the swimming pool just a few feet away. The ceilings are high and the place was bright and super clean. We did have to turn on the air condition at night, but it was surprisingly silent. There are a few friendly little restaurants at walking distance and the beaches are magnificent. This is a great place for someone who wants to chill off in a quiet, cozy and secure place. This area of Costa Rica is quite popular and you can find everything you want within a few kilometers; beaches, shopping, restaurants and night life.

Liked best: Security and cosyness
Liked least: Birds waking us up early in the morning
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing