1,488 results
All reviews kids club kids world baan mai kamala beach bedroom suite small bathroom the ground floor family holiday no lift mini mart pool bar kids room short walk to the beach tuk tuk buffet breakfast laundry service massage places
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

In terms of what we were looking for this hotel ticked a lot of boxes. We stayed in an extra large family room. It was incredibly spacious, clean and bright. The pool was fantastic and a hit with the kids. The food from the restaurant was a hit, we especially liked their curries. The buffet was ok, there is an egg station which we loved and the kids loved the pancake station.
The hotel is reasonably close to the beach, they will drive you in a buggy to the end of the street to cut down your walking time.
You can visit patong easily or nearby surin beach.

Some things that could be improved are:
Kids club- the toys are old and broken, colouring sheets are left out that have been all coloured over so there are no fresh ones. The kids corner in the restaurant has no toys except a broken slide. The kids were only willing to spend a short amount of time in these areas due to lack of interest in toys and activities available.
Towels- often there were no pool towels available at the towel cabana and we had to walk all the way to reception to ask for towels.
Kitchenette- the room has a kitchenette but charges for equipment.
Stairs- there isnt much that can be done about this, but be aware if you are staying up high there are no lifts. We didnt mind the exercise but others may find that difficult.
Beds- personally I found the beds extremely hard but apparently you can ask for matress toppers.
Overall was a great stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Claudio S, Manager at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Ang O
Thank you very much for staying with us at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach. I am glad to hear that your stay has been enjoyable. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time to write to us.
I know the issues with the Kids Club, Towels, Lift and Kitchen Equipment. While we are unable to something about the lift due to the architecture of the building, I have already notified my recreation manager to look into your feedback about the kids club and its toys. We will work on a solution as soon as possible to provide more updated toys and coloring sheets as well as more toys for the kids corner in the restaurant.
As not all Suites have cooking facilities we have decided to offer lower room rates and make the kitchen equipment available upon request. You are right there is a small fee applicable for cleaning. I think this is fair for everybody.
Once again thank you for your feedback and rest assured we are working on the points you mentioned to serve our young guests even better.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Close enough to the hustle and bustle of Patong but far enough to have an enjoyable relaxing break. A great destination for families. The rooms were fine , the food was ok. The pool and waterslide were a big hit.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Claudio S, Manager at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear James C
Thank you very much for staying with us at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach. I am happy to hear that your holidays have been fantastic while staying with us. From your words I take that the food was not particularly inline with your expectations. I am currently working on a new food and drinks concept including breakfast which we hopefully soon can roll out.
Once again thank you for taking time to write to us and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Phuket.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were there for 11 nights and mostly rain. The location of the place is OK if you want resort and beach. Any more than that get ready to walk. And only do it via the beach. I wouldn't walk on the side of the road. Our room old and tired, water damage, one toilet to share with 3 other people that's not separate from the shower bath room in an Asian country is not advisable.
Pool is the only great part of this place. Restaurant OK, Staff Great, Taxi or Tuk Tuk just to town is 200 Baht $400 to Patong that's each way and really adds up if you want to go out.

Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com
Claudio S, Manager at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Paul L
Thank you very much for staying with us at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach. I am sorry that you have experienced a period of rain during your holidays. Unfortunately this is beyond our control and might happen during rainy season although normally does not to this extent.
Most of our guests love the quiet hotel location as it is very close to the beach and also to Kamala town its only a 10-15 minutes walk along the beach. Alternatively we offer a shuttle bus daily to Patong Beach and there is plenty of other transport available in front of the hotel or simply from the main street.
I do not quite see your point of the shower and toilet. I am living in Asia quite long already but i have not experienced any hotel with a separate toilet and bathroom. I would say that you can not expect a hotel room for 3 people have 3 separate bathrooms/toilets available, this would make no sense anyway.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope you will give us another chance during non rainy time. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at claudio.schibli@swissotel.com.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We loved our stay at Swissotel Kamala beach. This was the perfect location for our large family in an environment that is less stressful and full on than Patong. The staff were lovely, obliging and very helpful. Our room was adequate for our large family, but note there is a lack of cooking supplies though the facilities are in place. Our bathroom was clean and tidy but there was evidence of wear and tear and need for a repaint. Mattresses are very, very firm, almost to a point of discomfort though we did adjust. The buffet breakfasts here are amaaazing I would definately get that option when booking. Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would re visit.

Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com
Claudio S, Manager at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Erin H
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach recently. I appreciate your comments and thank you for taking time to write to us. I am happy to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.
I have forwarded your comments to our departmental manager and will make sure that your feedback is taken care of and corrected. Some of our suites do feature cooking appliances although we do not provide cooking equipment in the rooms. However we offer our guests those for a small service fee upon request.
Many of our guests like our mattresses, however I know there are some which love softer ones. We are currently in progress to solve this issue permanently to serve our guests even better.

Once again thank you for letting me know your thoughts and if you have any questions in future, please let me know to claudio.schibli@swissotel.com, I am happy to assist.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

My family came to visit me in Phuket. I made such a good choice to stay here. The staffs were friendly but the cleanliness could be better though. Swimming Pool was large and clean. Bar and porter staffs were helpful and answered to requests. We had a great stay thanks to all staffs to made this visit such wonderful!!

Dear Lovingtrip22
Thank you very much staying with us at Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach. I am happy to hear that you have had a great stay with us and thank you for your feedback provided. I will be having a word with our housekeeping manager to make sure our staff is meeting our standards. Sometimes during rough weather season like at the moment, it could appear that the public areas are a bit more untidy but we are taking care of them 24 hours and our rooms are serviced on a daily basis.
Once again thank you for your comments and I am looking forward to welcome you soon again in Phuket