Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews private pool outdoor bathroom bedroom villa mosquito coils room service living area every morning shuttle service quiet street stayed for nights privacy seminyak bali wayan bugs clubs spas
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We have just returned from spending 8 nights at Maya Loka. From the very beginning of the booking procedure (using a scoopon) we were impressed with the pleasant staff, they were friendly & aimed to please. Nothing was too much trouble at all. Whilst this villa is not in the heart of Seminyak it is only less then a $2 taxi ride away. The Maya Loka offers a free shuttle to the Seminyak area and we utilised this many times, very handy!

The open air pavillion style living was excellent and it was nice to be outside if you wanted to be and get some fresh are and that is one of the main features of this villa. Big fan circulating keeps that area nice and cool. Did have a few mozzie issues, but just keep those coils (provided) burning. These are NOT new villas so there is some general wear and tear however it was clean and serviced daily. The pool is clean but was sometimes a bit cold - but very refreshing that is for sure!

The in-house massage was excellent and the breakfast choices were good. Although being in Villa 8 the breakfast was not very hot, bordering on cold really and often late (rubber time in Bali of course).....

The staff need to learn that IF they take towels they need to replace them as on several occasions, I had to ring up and ask for more of the hand towels, face washers etc.

Overall there were a few negatives but for the price we paid and the wonderful service we received, more than happy with our stay.

Room tip: Ask for a villa closer to the reception area, might be the best way to get hot/warm breakfasts!
Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Very pretty secluded little Villas. If you are looking for somewhere to get away from the crowd but still close enough to popular spots, this is a place for you!

There is a lot of construction and potholes on the street leading to the Villas and it is very dark at night so AVOID walking back late at night. Just grab a taxi and direct the driver in.

A few things they could improve on: Wifi coverage is spotty, and they do have a mosquito problem. They do provide large amounts of mosquito coils but that doesn't quite solve the problem as the Villas are very open and the mosquitoes tend to get into the bedroom where they can't quite get out.

That being said, the Villas are extremely clean with your own personal pool, the staff are so attentive and nice its scary (They will personally visit even at 11 pm just to check on your kitchen if you want to cook and even lend you a pot to do so!), the in-house spa is BLOODY AWESOME, and i promise you you will love the outdoor toilet!

Room tip: Make sure you keep your mosquito coils lit
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We recently spent 8 days staying at Maya Loka Villas! We stayed in Villa 9 and all we have to say is that we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay. To the friendly and accommodating staff that did everything that we asked for and more to the endless trips throughout Seminyak at our last minute requests to dine out and go shopping. The villa itself was perfect, I truly don't understand how some of these reviews have in them that the furniture is dated, insufficient and that they received poor service etc?? This isn't the case and we both stayed here for 8 days for our anniversary. The privacy of our own villa and pool was perfect for our occasion, as we didn't have the hassle of worrying about other tourists, especially like at the bigger resorts like the Samayas. The breakfasts were DELISH and were always on time, if not 5 minutes after scheduled time... Bugger what the other reviews say!! The amenities and rooms are pure heaven and bliss I couldn't say anything better about this place, we will definitely be going back for sure! Even try out some of the websites like Scoopon, as we bought the 8 day voucher for $995 (normally a lot more expensive) but didn't have the money for it at the time, so the villa matched it! Lastly, the only other thing I could recommend is to put the mozzie repellent coils on as soon as it's night... I'm always use to getting bitten by them whilst my partner doesn't get bitten at all sitting next to me! If you have the drapes down on the post bed then this is better too and keeping the doors closed throughout the day also helps. Overall, the BEST stay out of all my travels spent here and I have taken away many memories from Maya Loka. Thank you to all the wonderful staff there that made our stay impeccable, romantic and unforgettable.

Room tip: Villas where we were (number 9) is perfect, as it's away from the construction work that is happening across the road from the resort and down the road. Request these villas and you won't hear a thing. It is a short stroll, but this was one of the magical things that we looked forward to every day when we left and arrived back to the resort.... Clean and beautiful!!
Date of stay: July 2012
9  Thank stanlyden
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We took our 3 young kids to stay at Maya Loka for 3 nights and we fell in love with it the minute we stepped into the lobby. The villas are all cosy and has its own privacy. The kids undoubtedly were hooked to the pool all day. What I appreciated most was the personalised service and personal chefs making breakfast for us every single morning. It was just pure relaxation! Their breakfast were satisfying. The staff were all helpful and polite. My only regret was probably I didnt have sufficient time to slot in a spa session. also, the small road from the main road to the villa was a bit bumpy due to the road condition. Other than that, we love Maya Loka and hope that one day we could come back and visit.

Room tip: For families with very young children, you might want to ask if they have closer rooms. Coz we had was one room at the end of the other and in the middle was an open space which was dark at night.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rozie A
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My experience at Maya Loka was absolutely amazing. The staff were more than helpful and even gave me a cooking class when I had asked about how they made their Nasi Goreng.

The Villa was what I expected and more. It was the most relaxing of places and I felt so comfortable it was as though I had found a home to stay in.

The location may not be on the beach but it is not too far and is also a short stroll down to Potato Head and a few top restaurants and if you don't feel like walking the Villas can drop you there.

I will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2011