All reviews golf course dining room hot tub seafood chowder no elevator pro shop round of golf prince edward island wedding reception food was great great experience house keeping off the beaten path took advantage scallops beds were comfortable grounds are beautiful
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Ate here for our wedding anniversary on Nov. 6. Food was excellent. I would rate this as one of the best restaurants in western Prince Edward Island. We didn't stay at the hotel but the renovations that are in progress are looking wonderful.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank Pei C
Geoffrey I, Manager at Mill River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Happy Anniversary! Thank you very much for your review. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Stayed here for a wedding and were given a discount still $177 for a night for a room with king bed and 2 wing back chairs and an outdated TV , and mini fridge in serious need of a defrost. Scratched up night tables, bathtub and tiles in need of replacing . I understand that renos are in the works.The room was clean just didn't feel clean. Pluses .. had coffee maker and the bed was comfortable. Staff all very friendly but for the price will look at other option before staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Geoffrey I, Manager at Mill River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and patience as we renovate our guestrooms. We hope you will be back to see our upgraded hotel in 2018. Thanks again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We came with a golf package which included 2 rounds of golf, 2 nights stay and 2 breakfasts 2 Lunches and 2 dinners.

The golf was fantastic, the resort itself was somewhat worn and dated but renovations are taking place. We were disappointed in the meals in that we expected more. For lunch I tried to get a small soup and a small salad but was told I could have one or the other, not both. For dinner we were allowed 1 course and nothing else without paying extra. I feel the on- line advertising did not live up to what was delivered and we felt that as 1st class resort it fell short.

Room tip: wait until renovations and on-line advertising is completed/adjusted
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank dutchjan1
Geoffrey I, Manager at Mill River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share with the rest of our management team and develop a plan to improve. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We were late in the season and pretty much had the place to ourselves. Very spacious and comfortable room with all the usual amenities. Very comfortable beds and bedding. The meal in the restaurant was overly generous in its portions for us. I had the award winning burger but didn't like the sweet "jam" topping and the bun was too heavy for me - just personal taste. French fries were frozen but good as were the onion rings. We could easily have shared a meal and still had some left over. Perhaps if we'd walked the golf course all day we could have tackled the whole thing!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Geoffrey I, Manager at Mill River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your review! We hope you will be able to stay with us again, in our newly renovated resort!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We actually didn't stay at the resort but we did have a dinner in their restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it, we had their mussels for a starter and I had the salmon, my husband had the pan fried Haddock. Both meals were delicious. Next year hope to also stay at the resort.....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words! We too hope to see you back soon!