Priceline
Cairns, Australia

A diamond in the rough

Review of Greenhoose
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 June 2020
I travelled to Lockhart River last August for work and stayed at a place that wasn't really fit for habitation so when I found out t i was going back I immediately contacted this place ( I saw it on the way out last time) Jane was absolutely sensational in the booking department and when we realised we would arrive late I made contact and she looked after us. I couldn't speak higher of the service. It is not a 5 star resort but the facilities and the service makes it better than IMO.
Date of stay: June 2020
  • Agoda.com
0.0 km from Greenhoose
Free Wifi
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
80.8 km from Greenhoose
Beachfront
Bar/Lounge
Contact accommodation for availability.
22.9 km from Greenhoose
View more hotels in Iron Range
All reviews national park rainforest range wildlife guests hosts cafe lyn accommodation meals facilities locals iron tip
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2020

Beautiful and relaxing! I stayed at the Greenhoose for a few weeks for work. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. It was a nice getaway from work on the weekends and I would definitely stay again for a holiday.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2020

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our one-night stay at The Green Hoose. Our hosts were very accommodating and entertaining, also provided a delicious home-cooked meal. The room was comfortable and clean although a little on the small side. The verandah overlooking the rainforest was pure magic. The gardens were also lovely. We only wished we could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 983maritaj
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

The Greenhoose caught my eye from the road, after a dusty drive on warm day it looked like a tranquil oasis. Beautiful green gardens give this place a relaxed feel. Jane was super helpful and friendly & June is a born host. Excellent new kitchen facilities and wifi are available. My room was clean and comfy, with the veranda looking out onto the natural forest. This place is well cared for and a credit to all those making it happen. Thank you :)

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2019

The owners of this wonderful venture are hosts in every sense of the word. They're proud of what they've created and justifiably so. You'll get an authentic slice of local experience when you stay, and their home-cooked meals are a delight.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2018

I recently stayed at the Greenhoose for four nights in early October 2018. Although the room was small, it was clean and comfortable with A/C and tv. Meals were served family style on the covered porch and were plentiful and delicious. I especially enjoyed the locally caught, chilled prawns. The hosts and their family members were all very welcoming and eager to share their knowledge about Cape York. Finally, the birdwatching on and around the property was fantastic. Thank you for a great Cape York experience.

Date of stay: October 2018