All reviews modern hotel tullamarine airport comfortable bed good size stay there again great room great facilities an early flight quality hotel next morning across the road cooked breakfast great place to stay great option car park restaurant downstairs late at night
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night after virgin delayed flight. Staff were welcoming and accommodating and the bar staff stayed open especially for us. Rooms were spacious, new and very comfortable. Especially liked the bathrooms. Only thing I would say is the lobby area is a bit sparse and the hotel kinda feels like it's in the middle on nowhere in an industrial estate. However, it is close to the airport. If you need a hotel close-wish to the airport ($25 cab ride from memory?)...this is a good option.

Trip type: Travelled solo
nicolevorrias, Manager at Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello TravelBug0800,
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields. It is great to see you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, albeit an unscheduled one! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A fantastic quality stay in a caring and supportive travel experience. Staff were very professional, caring and interacted well with us. Our room was everything we would hope for in an overnight en route travel we were undertaking.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank L6199KPmichael

Hello L6199KPmichael,
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields. It was fantastic to read your comments, especially about our staff and I am glad that they made your stay with us that much better! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here recently overnight before we left from Melbourne airport. We found the staff helpful and friendly; the room was great were comfortable and quiet. We had breakfast provided by the hotel and were pleased with what was offered. There is a restaurant located adjacent to the hotel, but as staff explained to us this is a separate entity and not connected, although you can charge back to the hotel - perhaps why there is no real room service. Anyhow, we would stay here again, thought it was good service, especially with free shuttle bus service to and from airport.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
nicolevorrias, Manager at Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Judave,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields. It is great to see you enjoyed many aspects of your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed prior to a flight overseas. Brand new. Good size and comfortable rooms. Car parking confusing. Close to a supermarket. Service friendly. Quiet area. Flight information in foyer area would be a good idea.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Dawn3847,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields. We very much appreciate your time and for staying with us.

We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

So, I do get the whole thing about the hotel being in proximity to the airport and so it’s more business oriented etc. And that was the case. I mean, I was there for a single night anyways, and here’s what happened. The check-in was quick and the room was nice and cozy. It was so well furnished and equipped that it actually took me by surprise. I wanted to order dinner later, which was an ordeal itself because they had to update the 24-hour menu that I had in the room. When I finally managed to place the order, and before hanging up, this happened.
Hotel: “Sir”.
Me: “Yes”.
Hotel: “We will call you when the food is ready, and you can come collect it from the reception.”
Followed by a moment of silenece. I did nevertheless. The next morning, I was supposed to get my free breakfast packed for me as I head to the airport. That didn’t happen, but at least the shuttle to the airport was free of charge.

Hello Abdulnasser A,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields. It is fantastic that you found our rooms comfortable during your recent stay as well as the check in process. We do thank you for bringing to our attention some areas where we can improve our service to our guests. We will certainly improve in these areas.

We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt Place Melbourne, Essendon Fields sometime soon.