All reviewsa great place to stayquick tripbeautiful innomeletbeautiful groundspeicharlottetownhostsviewislanddrivehousemiddlecountrysights
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Okay, one could say I was a little nervous about my first international vacation - and especially as it was my first solo vacation. John and Wei went above and beyond to make me feel at home during my week-and-a-half stay; in fact, I hated having to leave! This was my first stay at a B&B, and I am so glad I chose to stay with them!

The breakfasts were lovely (Wei was amazing about my particular quirks with food - including not liking pork very much - and I was delighted that she went out of her way to prepare other items for me instead...and really, her scones, pumpkin bread, waffles, omelettes...oh, heck, everything she prepared was WONDERFUL!). You haven't lived until you've tried one of her lemon-zest scones with raisins and a little jam spread on it, still piping hot...oh my goodness!

I went during a time of year when there aren't a lot of attractions open around the Island, but John and Wei were great about helping me plan and giving much-needed advice and suggestions about things that might be open to visit, etc. They genuinely were concerned that my visit to PEI was incredible...I am definitely looking forward to going back again!

My only warning for anyone from a big city (as I'm from L.A.): Be prepared for QUIET! It can be a bit unnerving at first, because you'll keep wondering, "Where's all the blaring music, annoying beeping of various cell phones, honking and other various traffic noise, etc.?!" Trust me, though, once you get used to it, you will LOVE it...and you'll also regret having to go back to the chaos once your stay is over. LOL

Thank you again, John and Wei, for making me feel so welcome and for making my stay so lovely!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 3, the Queen room with the blue decor on the right side (when facing it from the front drive) of the inn...the view was unbelievable! The water was just right there, and I got to look out every morning to see the sun sparkling on the soft waves.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Shara S
Reviewed 3 November 2011

5 stars for the Firedance Inn! We spent 5 nights Sept 24-29, 2011 at the Firedance and it was wonderful! John & Wei Kirchansky did their utmost to make our stay a pleasant one while exploring our beautiful Canadian island, PEI. To start off, our flight was delayed and we didn't actually arrive until 1:30AM but Wei was there to greet us at the front door when we arrived, and we appreciated that. My wife and I are fairly easy going travelers, however we do demand cleanliness. The Firedance is spotlessly clean, and that is evident from the moment you walk in! It is also very quiet! The breakfast that Wei serves in the mornings is always outstanding! What makes breakfast even better is the peaceful view of the river and countryside that go along with it! The location is great for those who want to explore the island and take a different route each day. It's about 20 minutes from the airport if you are flying. On our last morning we had to leave at 4:30AM and head to the airport. When we told Wei not to worry about food for us that morning she wouldn't hear of it! She packed us a breakfast that was unbelievable! That was a real nice touch to end our stay. The Firedance is a fantastic place to stay and is run by terrific people. You won't be disappointed! We will most certainly return. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We are from China and travelled around the Maritime provinces last month. We stayed at Firedance Country Inn. We loved the personal service and Wei’s meals were fantastic! The inn is only 15 minutes from Charlottetown but it’s really in the country! Firedance has a central location and we were able to tour the entire Island while staying there. We’ve been to many b&b’s but this one is in a class by itself!

1  Thank Shulan
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We found Fire Dance on Trip Advisor, and could not have been happier. John and Wei, the Innkeepers were excellent hosts and always went one step beyond. Wei, a chef superb, even made us a wonderful bag breakfast (homemade breads, juice, fruit, coffee to go, etc.) to take with us on an unexpected early departure. Hurricane Irene was threatening our home in Plymouth MA, so we had to leave a day earlier than planned.
This was our first trip to PEI, the golf was wonderful, the people terrific (You would think you were in rural Ireland), and around every corner a vista suitable for National Geographic.
Firedance was outside the hustle of Charlottetown, but close enough to get everywhere easily. 5 stars for Firedance, and we will be back.

Room Tip: Room 2 was large and had views of both the River and Northumberland Straight
1  Thank Chuck3S
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We started our vacation on PEI with John and Wei and they were very hospitable. Our room was beautiful and we had a great view of the lake behind their home. The breakfasts prepared by Wei were delicious and John was the perfect server. We also felt very comfortable visiting with the other guests. Our two night stay there was far too short. We will definitely stay with them again if we're lucky enough to go back.

Room Tip: Room @1 was huge and had a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Carr0t, Owner at Firedance Country Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Many thanks for the kind review! Misplaced your email address so we're thanking you online - it was a pleasure having the 4 of you staying with us and hope to see you again,

John & Wei