“Delicious Food”

The Fenwick
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Claughton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful Lune Valley, The Fenwick Arms reopened its doors in June 2013 and has never looked back, bringing with it the Seafood Pub Company's renowned gastro pub style with the highest in quality food from sea & land. Fish specialists & extremely proud & now offering 9 en-suite beautiful bedrooms!
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The restaurant offers a good range of dishes on an imaginative menu, which also includes traditional grill choices. The food is well presented and beautifully cooked. From fish and chips, to steaks and curry - everything was first-class.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere and attentive staff! Varied menu, something for everyone. Will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The title says it all - fantastic Sunday lunch, kids, parents and grandparents all satisfied - pink or well done beef, nice wine and lively venue

Looking forward to a return visit

Free wifi, open fires, comfy interiors

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We have just spent the weekend at this very comfortable hotel. The staff were so helpful, especially David who remembered what we wanted for breakfast from one day to the next. I'm very particular about my Green Tea and what goes with it. This was SERVICE. The food was quite delicious and worthy of an excellent chef. We shared a few snacks to begin with instead of starters, and there was no problem with my friend and me sharing a main course. If I was in that area again, I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

On Sunday July 9th Pat and I had a nice meal and drink at The Fenwick Arms and are tempted to take up an offer of possibly staying one Sunday night as overall we can be assured that we will get a good meal here.

The staff who took our orders and served us were all very courteous and helpful and there was nothing wrong until we paid the bill and came across a different member of staff.

Offers on the tables referred to an Early Bird offer which had expired on Friday July 7th and so when I went up to pay the bill a youngish female member of staff served me but didn’t have much personality. I pointed out that the Early Bird offer had expired and her reply was “Yes, it has expired” without any hint of thanks.

This tells me either they knew about it and were still advertised something out-of-date, or she didn’t appreciate what I was telling her to let them know this was out-of-date.

I would have expected something along the line of “Thank you, we know about that…” or “Oh yes, so it is, thanks for that…”. Her manner was the only thing which wasn’t up-to-standard with everything else we had here.

Unfortunately, I come across too many pubs and restaurants across the UK with staff that haven’t got any personality or ability to handle the unexpected properly, especially when errors are pointed out. Some look at you as if they are thinking “So, what do you expect me to do about that?”

This is one of the major factors which puts us off (and probably many others too) from going back to some pubs and restaurants.