All reviews st ives cooked breakfast off road parking stayed for two nights night's sleep tea and coffee wedding twin corridor mattresses tv radiator bedroom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a short break of 3 nights here at Bramble Corner and the owners were friendly and knowledgable, giving us ideas of where to go and what to see which was very helpful. The room was comfortable with tea & coffee making facilities which was made even better by them providing fresh milk if needed. Our room only had a shower so if a bath is needed you should check. The breakfast was lovely with homemade preserves and pastries if requested or full English. All in all a lovely stay.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because my niece's wedding took place in Bluntisham village. Bramble Corner is within easy walking distance of the church and is just a short walk from the Village Hall. When we arrived, we were welcomed by the owner as well as Alfie, the beautiful golden retriever, and a chicken!! We stayed in the King Double Room which was spacious and well equipped, having tea making facilities, hair dryer and wi-fi. The en suite, with bath and shower, had a supply of toiletries available for our use. We were given a key to Bramble Corner's front door in addition to our room door so that we could come and go as we pleased. In the morning, I was delighted to see Lily, the cat, whose curiosity led her to wait outside our room although she declined to venture over the threshold! Breakfast in the cosy dining room comprised a choice of fruit, cereal and yoghurt followed by the option of a full English breakfast. My non meat diet was catered for and the breakfast, with fresh and good quality ingredients, was lovely. The owner showed an interest in what we were doing without imposing and was pleasant and considerate. I would recommend this B&B where we enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Sheila S
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very good B&B. Owners were very obliging as we were out for the evening, so we were provided.
with a key to let ourselves in.
We had a very comfortable bed with 2 spare electric sockets for charging mobile phones. The décor right through the building is very bright and clean.
Very generous breakfast.
Will definitely recommend it

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at Bramble Corner for 1 night whilst working locally.
I was welcomed warmly by the proprietor, ordered my breakfast for the following day, and was shown to my room.
The room was very cold and the radiator in the room did not work. I was provided with a plug in fan heater but this was noisy so could not be left on during the night.
I ate in the pub next door and the food was very good.
My room was clean and tidy although the electric shower was very poor and lacked pressure.
Breakfast was good but 1 lady trying to serve all the guests meant tables were left with plates and cups around me whilst I ate.
Not bad by any stretch but not the best B&B I have stayed at either.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Bramble Corner is a very good B&B. The room I had was clean, tidy, had coffee/tea, TV, good shower, no hot water in the handbasin, but I only ever use it for cold face washes and for cleaning teeth, so that is not really an issue. The bed was comfy, with clean linen, and the breakfasts were good offering a choice of continental or cooked. The only thing I feel I need to mention, I found the traffic noise quite startling. It's on a busy road, so traffic must be expected, but on a hot summer evening, some people may find the traffic noise distracting, and may prevent some from having an undisturbed night's sleep. Other than that, I would recommend.

Room tip: Ask for a room as far away from the road as possible.
Date of stay: October 2013