All reviews six senses la digue private island infinity pool during our stay indian ocean our honeymoon kids club guest experience manager four seasons top notch granite boulders ocean front boat transfer heaven on earth wine cellar the managers
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My husband, baby and I have just returned from a two week trip to the Seychelles. For part of the trip we were fortunate enough to stay at Six Senses Zil Pasyon aka heaven on Earth!
No words can possibly even begin to describe just how incredible this resort is but I will try my very best!

Firstly, I am keen to point out that my husband and I are very big fans of the Maldives and have stayed in some incredible resorts there; The One and Only, Gili Lankanfushi and Anantara. As BA have now started flying direct to the Seychelles we thought we would take advantage. We had never stayed on a Six Senses resort prior to this trip and so it was a holiday of firsts for us. Never for one moment did we believe that the Seychelles and the Six Senses would capture our hearts as much as they did but oh how they did, they really really did!

We stayed in villa number 18 which was one of the resort’s panorama pool side villas. The location of this villa on the island was ideal. We were not overlooked in any way and had uninterrupted views of the beautiful vista. It was like we had our very own private corner of the island. If you are a big fan of watching the sunrise then this is the villa for you! If you are a big fan of watching the sun set then a villa elsewhere on the island may be better suited to you. If you are an early riser then you will be able to take full advantage of the sunshine but come the afternoon the decking area is shaded.

Upon entering the villa my husband and I were rendered speechless; it doesn’t happen often! The view from the villa is just out of this world, no photos could ever do it justice. Sea and jungle combined make for something really quite remarkable. It really did take our breath away. No matter what room you are in, be it the bedroom or bathroom, the views are spectacular.

The villa itself is luxurious, super spacious and very comfortable. The swing in the bathroom is a lovely addition. My son loved it so much as did we. The bed is beyond comfortable! The decking area and pool are just perfect. I’m unable to fault the room or outside area in any way.

Now onto the resort. The outstanding resort. The restaurants are wonderful as is the food that is served there. The pool area and beaches are beautiful. The shop is lovely. The library was my favourite part of the communal areas, such a great chill out space. The spa is out of this world amazing. The infinity pool there was incredible and a must see! I really liked the fact that you don’t have to use the spa in order to use the pool.

It was my husband’s birthday during our stay and we did the Tophill Sunset Experience followed by the private beach BBQ. I highly recommend both! Watching the sunset whilst sipping on a glass of champagne, a million miles away from civilisation it feels, was a once in a lifetime experience. The private beach BBQ was also amazing. The chef cooked up some mouth watering delicious food.

Something that the Six Senses offer that many other resorts don’t is room service for no additional charge. With an 8 month old baby it was bliss being able to have breakfast on our decking each morning! Breakfast arrived each morning exactly to our liking. The staff remembering exactly how we liked it! We really appreciate just how attentive the staff were to our son’s dietary requirements.

Prior to our arrival I reached out to the hotel to enquire about how our son would be catered for and to my upmost surprise received an email from Christian, a chef at the resort, who let me know what they were able to offer. Exceptional service! A personal touch goes a very long way and Six Senses have them in abundance.

Our Gem Maximilian was amazing. From arrival to departure we felt very well looked after. He made sure to let us know, on several occasions, that he was always available should we need him but we never felt that he was invasive and he very much respected our privacy. Something we were grateful for. Upon arrival he gave us a fantastic tour of the island, he was very knowledgeable and we learnt many fascinating facts about the island and resort from him. He also took many wonderful photographs of the three of us, something that we don’t have a lot of as one of us is usually behind the lens. A very cheerful person for whom nothing was too much bother.

There are many beautiful resorts in the world but in my opinion what separates the beautiful resorts from the exceptional ones is the people who represent it and I can safely say that the Six Senses without doubt fall into the exceptional category. We could not fault the service we received at any point during our stay. The staff are truly exemplary. They were beyond amazing with our son, each member of staff making such a big fuss of him. He was in his absolute element! A very special mention to Dinesh and Baki (hoping I’m spelling names correctly, apologies if not!). They went above and beyond at all times and our son Hugo absolutely loved them. Very charming guys who brought a smile to his face and to ours on many an occasion during our stay.

We were also lucky enough to meet and speak with one of the managers Anna. A lovely lady who was super friendly and wonderful with our son.

Speaking of our son, we utilised the babysitting service on a couple of occasions and were very happy with the service we received. Unfortunately he is currently too young to attend the kids club but we met Penny who was so friendly, warm and welcoming!

Seldom, if we are moving onto another resort, do we feel sad about leaving but we certainly did when we departed from ZP. During our time on the island a member of staff said to us that he views the other members of staff as family not colleagues. At the time I thought it was perhaps something he felt he had to say but actually upon witnessing how the staff interact with one another this is very apparent. We certainly felt as though we were leaving one big family behind after having the pleasure of being welcomed so warmly into it. Six Senses it was an absolute pleasure and we can’t wait to return very soon!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SophieM86
Hilton H, General Manager at Six Senses Zil Pasyon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear SophieM86,
Thank you for taking the time to share your heartfelt review of our resort. It's comments like these that remind all of our hosts why we work in hospitality. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay, and even more so that you were so well looked after by our hosts - especially your GEM Maximilian, Executive Chef Christian, Sustainability Manager Anna, Grow With Six Senses Manager Penny, and our In-Villa-Dining hosts Dinesh and Baki. While we are lucky to be located on a naturally beautiful island with stunning views from each villa, we believe it is our hosts that really make the difference, and I'm happy that this was evident during your stay. We look forward to welcoming your family back to our little piece of paradise - or another wonderful Six Senses resort - and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I had read some of the bad reviews prior to going to this hotel and to be honest we could did not experience any of the issues raised in previous bad reviews. The villas and infrastructure are fabulous there wasn't anything extra that you could have wished for. We had our own infinity pool with an extensive recreational area both of which were very private. The rooms had all the amenities. The staff were happy and relaxed which allows the guests to feel happy and relaxed, for me that is a major management success. The drinks were not as expensive as I expected and were actually very reasonable considering the logistics and infrastructure that is the Island. You could chill privately or down at the main pool-bar. An offsite dive centre was provided with transport to the dive centre (15mins on a boat) or you could snorkel, kayak or swim from Felicite itself. It would be difficult for this Island resort to become crowded since there are so few villas. The managers drinks evening was very pleasant and we talked at length with both Hilton and Brice who were very open and interesting people with a great deal of experience. Sam was our visitor host and she provided a fast, efficient and friendly service to us, anything we wanted we simply rang her and she provided it where possible. There were a couple of tiny things that could be improved, such as the piped music from Australia at the bar -however that is subjective and very very picky-Hilton we prefer the 70s and 80s music :-) The food was very pleasant and we had a lot of banter with the sommelier, everyone had a good sense of humour which was nice. Breakfast was either in the restaurant or in your room at no additional charge which was also nice especially if you didn't want to rush to get up. Yes this is an expensive place especially for the Brits at the moment but it delivered. It was good value and that is the most important thing.
Highly recommended. We will be back one day. Dave and Cat

Room tip: Any as they all appear to be fab
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davidjones2002
HiltonH38, General Manager at Six Senses Zil Pasyon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Dave and Cat,
Thank you for the great review of our resort! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had plenty to keep you busy, from diving to snorkeling and other water sports, as well as simply relaxing and enjoying your villa. It was a pleasure to meet you both and have a chance to speak during the cocktail, and I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed the restaurants and bars - and that you had breakfast in your villa - it's an absolute must! I'm also glad that you were well taken care of by our hosts, especially your GEM Sam and Beverage Manager & Sommelier Lucas. We hope you'll come back soon and look forward to welcoming you again to Félicité.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

One of the best hotels/resorts where I've been. Located in a private island. Beautiful villas perfectly integrated in the landscape. Private pool. Very nice decoration.You feel they take care of all details.
Service is excelent.
Food is very good too!
What else can you ask?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZequiGiro
Hilton H, General Manager at Six Senses Zil Pasyon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear ZequiGiro,
Thank you for the great review of our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced memorable service and cuisine. While we are fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings, we are also proud to have a dedicated and enthusiastic team. The small details are sometimes what set a place apart, and we are glad that you felt well looked after on Félicité. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Let me be clear: this property has the potential to become one of the best resorts in the Indian Ocean (and second only to North Island, in the Seychelles).
A basaltic island, immersed in a pristine nature, with its 30 villas built with natural materials and hidden in the rocks, with its immaculate beaches and the "back to nature" predicament which inspires all Six Senses resorts, this is paradise on Earth.
Villas are so distant one to the other that from each one of them you only see the sea waves breaking on the coastline and the spectacular rocks and nature around.
Food is excellent, with the chef accomodating to really any request from guests.
The in-villa setup and technology is also top quality (rarely have I seen something like this in the Indian Ocean), clearly having only been opened less than two years ago here you have the best of the best that domotics can offer to date.
Current management (I met and spoke at lenght to both the GM and the deputy GM) is experienced and clearly knows the job well.

There are, however, some areas where Zil Pasyon really needs to work to bring the guest experience to the perfection level that this property deserves.
Here are some (hopefully constructive) notes:

1) the villas and common areas are very distant and dispersed on a relatively wide area, with many steep ups and downs: no one (unless he/she is a pro ready for the Tour de France) can possibly bike around Felicitè (and there no bicycles anyway….): the current setup is that guests call an electric buggy to come pick them up wherever they are: sometimes, however, this leads to dead times which can extend up to 10-20 minutes wait - why not allowing a complimentary e-buggy per villa and let guest enjoy their own freedom?

2) Service level at the restaurants and bar is patchy: there are some few seasoned waiters, but too many really young chaps at their first job and some really inexperienced people - the result is that the overall level of service is not adequate to what it should (and could) be (wrong orders, orders forgotten, slowness, lack of etiquette).

3) All Felicité guests love nature, otherwise they would not pour this significant amount of money to enjoy the eco-friendly, chabby-chic philosophy of Six Senses: having dozens of birds happily walking on your breakfast table and picking up your croissant every morning is however a bit too far - my suggestion is to pull some nets around the main restaurant and have birds out when guests have food, at least during breakfast (when the island resident bird community seems to be particularly hungry…).

4) Internet connection is poor, because there is no submaring cable to Felicité, and bandwith is taken via satellite: I discussed this with the GM, and he acknowledged that this is a limit - not a major issue if you only want to relax, but make sure that you do not need to work when vacationing here, downloading larger files can really take time, and/or that you do not need to stream videos…

5) The most important point: the resort does not offer any water sports (other than a few kayaks). No hobie-cats, no lasers, no wind or kite surfs, no snorkeling boat, nothing, not even a boat to take guests around (both resort boats were permanently shut when I visited). This is a real pity and a major area demanding for some significant improvement (and investment!).

Having said this, I just returned from a wonderful 5 days on the island with my wife and two teenage kids in our stunning two bedroom pool villa, and this is a wonderful property, where guests can experience the very best that Seychelles have to offer. If Zil Pasyon can address all (or at least part) of the concerns above, I will for sure be back soon!
A special mention for the SPA (maybe the most daring and eco-friendly architecture I have seen in the Indian Ocean, a true masterpiece) and for Cristina and Yanti, who are both terrific yoga teachers!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Alexej69

Dear Alexej69,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and welcoming you to our little island paradise. Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and share the feedback that we had the opportunity to discuss during your stay. Firstly, we are pleased that you enjoyed the natural beauty of our island, the blending of our architecture with the surroundings – especially at the Spa, and the cuisine. I also appreciated discussing your constructive feedback regarding buggy service, water sports and connectivity. If you don't mind, I'd like to address each point individually below.
It is true that the resort is quite spread out, which affords maximum privacy to each villa and allows guests to relax in a private oasis. Simultaneously, being a beautiful granitic island, the terrain can be challenging for some to walk, and for this reason we provide buggy service for our guests. We are working to improve this service as sometimes during peak demand, there can be delays, which we certainly do not want to affect the guest experience. We will be receiving more buggies shortly to assist in cutting any wait times and allowing guests to maximize their enjoyment time.
Regarding the restaurants, I’m sorry to hear that you experienced patchy service. While many of our F&B hosts have been with us since the resort opened or joined us from other Six Senses properties, we are also growing the team and training new hosts. Although we never expect this to impact the overall service standard delivered to the guest, we apologize if this has been the case during your stay.
Having an open restaurant to take advantage of the beautiful ocean breezes also comes with its challenges. We will certainly look into solutions to ensure that this negative experience is not repeated.
We hope your connectivity did not have a negative impact on your stay. As mentioned during our discussion, we are limited in the speed we are able to provide due to the logistics of our location, but we hope that our guests embrace the opportunity to disconnect with the outside world and enjoy our paradise. Of course, we understand in today’s world, it’s hard to step away completely, and our internet service has always been adequate for checking emails and messages or making VOIP phone calls while you’re out of the office.
In terms of water sports, we offer an array of activities, including kayaking, stand up paddleboard, and snorkeling, while also offering island-hopping and fishing excursions as well as diving. Unfortunately, our resort boat is currently being serviced, however, this has not impacted the complimentary shuttles that we offer multiple times a week, including to La Digue and Grande Soeur. The resort and GEMs are always able to arrange any special request you may have, whether it be a private snorkeling and island-hopping experience or a sunset kayak. In addition to water activities, our island has the advantage of offering some land-based activities as well. We are happy that you enjoyed the yoga with Cristina and Yanti and hope you also had the chance to join our morning hike, which allows guests to discover Félicité’s own “Vallee de Mai” with six coco de mer trees nestled in the inner part of the island.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Félicité in the near future, and please feel free to contact me personally if you have any further points you would like to discuss.
Hilton Hastings – general manager

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We returned to Zil Pasyon this year with our 8 month old daughter, we couldn’t have been happier. Felicite Island is the perfect settings, picturesque and wild yet manicured and accessible. Resort is very well maintained and designed, staff is attentive and welcoming, our GEM a pleasure to deal with. Food is very nicely executed and always impeccable. More importantly we have noticed a great improvement since last year, a lot of little details that were not quite there (as evidenced by some reviewers here, e.g. buggy timing, policing day snorkelers, cabanas attendance) have been fixed with great attention... so the place is really flawless now. We w

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hilton H, General Manager at Six Senses Zil Pasyon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Enrico O,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. As a repeater of Six Senses Zil Pasyon, we are very pleased to read your comments regarding your perceived improvements from your previous stay. We are constantly working to heighten our service so that we may continue to provide our guests with memorable experiences like yours. We hope your positive experience will bring you to Félicité again to share in our little piece of paradise. We look forward to welcoming your family back.
Warm regards, Hilton Hastings - general manager