“Good Food, Bad Service”

The Boat
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Mindarie
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Boat is perfectly located right on the waters edge at Mindarie Marina and serves up relaxed oceanside dining at its best 7 days a week. Drop in for a family lunch, dinner or a drink with mates and choose from an extensive ala carte menu of grills, salads and traditional pub favourites. The Boat is your local live entertainment hub with a huge calendar of free events throughout the year and live music every weekend. Plus we have FREE Wi-Fi! So come on down, relax and watch the boats cruise by and soak up that atmosphere The Boat is famous for!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

With hands full of a baby on arrival i asked if they have a high chair and I was directed by a waitress to go up the stairs and fetch it for myself. The waiter/ barman then told my mother off for mistakingly leaving the drinks she ordered at the bar. Not a single smile from the staff.

The food was decent but I wouldnt choose to return due to the staff making me feel like we were putting them out.

TheBoatManager, Manager at The Boat, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with our staff, that is not the level of customer service that we expect or push for! I have passed this onto upper management and I will bring this up at our next staff meeting as it is unacceptable.

We do hope that you'll visit again and give us a chance to change your mind.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food was OK but the place was filled with kids running around and shouting and screaming. If you want a nice quiet meal for 2, go somewhere else.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are a family friendly establishment and have pushed to be as much with our kids play area.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We went for lunch and were a little disappointed with the food the pork skewer with a corn cob and a pouring sauce was over priced and the pork was quiet dry, and the fish had gray and brown pieces in it as you cut through the batter. The service was quick and friendly as usual.

TheBoatManager, Manager at The Boat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hi Fremantle32,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. I will pass this onto our Head Chef for her consideration.

We hope you'll give us another chance to change your mind about our food. We're always happy to receive feedback on the day and are more than happy to replace anything that doesn't come up to standard, please don't hesitate to grab one of our friendly staff members or managers next time!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Fantastic location with a lovely menu and excellent food choices and a nice watering hole on a warm day with great outdoor views

Hi Yorkshire,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We're so glad to hear that you liked our venue and food choices! I'll definitely forward that onto our Chef's, they'll love to hear it!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Whilst on vacation from the UK we had lunch here on a couple of occasions. Sitting on the edge of the marina with plenty of umbrellas to keep you shaded from the hot sun it is a great location. On our first visit we shared a plate of Spicy Squid and a bowl of Chilli Mussels, both dishes were generous sized helpings and very tasty. The second occasion my husband chose the Fish (Flake) and chips and I opted for the Scallops and Chorizo appetiser, based on the first visit the appetizers were on the generous side so was a little surprised to find that this portion was quite small. My husband however offered me some of the large helping of chips that came with his fish so I didn't go hungry. All this was washed down with a couple of Hahn beers on each occasion. Good Value, great location and if we lived nearby it would definitely be one of our regular hangouts.

Hi Cjkj,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I hope you had a fantastic time on your vacation in Australia, hope it wasn't too cold when you went back to the UK!

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Unfortunately due to the high prices of Scallops we have to keep the serving size small, we don't want to be charging people an arm and a leg even though they are very tasty!

We hope you make it back to Australia again soon and that we see you again.