“Most romantic delicious place! ”
Review of La Cueva

La Cueva
Ranked #7 of 98 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing meal here! Food was lovely and well presented and we had cava sangria that ive never heard of before and it was really really yummy... friendly staff.. the place is like this little gem! People dont realise how special and romatic it is inside ! 10 out of 10 for this superb place!!! I will be back again..

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

As great as normal , pleasant staff , nice Spanish dishes , far more authentic than chains , an enchanting rear to the property
Been a few times now . The flavours were amazing

1  Thank mrgchalky
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Visited La Cueva last night after not having been for a couple of years (we loved it last time). We were so disappointed by our visit and won’t be returning again. We had booked for 7 and were seated immediately in the back of the room which is starting to look a little dated. The waiter wasn’t particularly welcoming and avoided eye contact for most of the night - I’m not sure he could take orders he just seemed to be running round with plates and not looking at me so that I could order!!! It took 30minutes for anyone to take our drink order and 45 minutes before our food order was taken. Our calamari tasted like burnt onion rings and the belly pork was also overdone - which was a shame. The sea bass was delicious and actually tasted fresh and although the paella was fine it is a shame that it comes in a bowl and isn’t prepared and served as a paella dish would be expected to be served (although the cost of it is probably refelective of this to be fair).
We finally got our second drink as we were finishing as it took so long to come and my husband spent most of the evening saying he was looking forward to a chicken burger from next door as it would get to
us quicker.
The waitress was nice but she was busy running round all of the tables trying to serve everyone. To be fair the table that came in an hour after us had almost finished at the same time we did so maybe we caught the dodgy hour but with a £65 bill it felt very disappointing.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

So me and my family visited a couple of days ago. Food is amazing can’t complain! Prices are very reasonable, could do with a few more waiters/waitress as service was quite slow. However I do recommend as this type of food is amazing.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Came here yesterday for my partners Birthday dinner and as always, never fails to impress. Lovely selection of wines; I'd highly recommend the Fuenteseca red. The food always cooked to a professional standard, I would suggest the: Gambas Pil-Pil, Skewered Lamb Chunks and especially the ribs. The service, I couldn't fault one bit, waiters/waitresses were friendly checking up on us to ensure we had a lovely time and a pleasant stay with even a free cake being offered to us for desert.
Overall, just fabulous and will be sure to be back again!

Date of visit: August 2018