See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2016

All in all we had a great time at this location in northern Rimini in Torre Pedrera, the northern district is on the outer edge of Rimini and a lower rise / independent feel complete with smaller hotels. We stayed at 'El Cid Campeador' and had a very pleasant stay - it was out of season so understandably some facilities were closed (we were informed of this before booking, so not a surprise and we were happy with this). Regardless of the reduced facilities the staff and owner of the hotel put of a great service ensuring that we were well looked after - even cooking me up some decent eggs for breakfast! The rooms pretty much all come with Sea view and were kept very clean. Beds comfortable and bathrooms decent. The best bit about the hotel was it's position, across the road from a fantastic restaurant (Sarabanda) and also a great stretch of beach, we used the facilities linked to hotel at Bagno 72. The hotel was child friendly and my 3 year old son had a fantastic time!! I would recommend this place if you prefer something medium sized and not part of a big chain, I can imagine in the summer this being a really nice place to stay when restaurant and bars are in full use! The only thing it potentially lacks is a Swimming pool on site, it has use of one in summer months but not on site - that addition would make this a great place!

Room Tip: Rooms at front have really big balconies with fantastic sea views!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank t0nyrudd
Reviewed 3 October 2016

My partner and I recently went for 4 days as part of a business trip/Vacation. (Last week in September 2106)

On our arrival the location of the hotel was close to the end of the Rimini beach resort, and cost 20 euros from the train station. You can get a local bus which costs 1.30 euro's to Bus stop 32. Its then a short walk to the hotel.

First impressions of the hotel was very good and the welcome by Frabisio was super. We only booked am economy room which was perfectly suitable. It was cleaned everyday and the beds where very comfortable.

On our arrival I had to go to Rimini Exhibition Center, I asked for the best way to get there, Frabisio offered to drive us there and collect us which made the start of the holiday. This is what i call customer service. I realise we weren't in th epeak season and he can not do this for everyone, but to put yourself out for someone is wonderful.

The breakfast is a continental breakfast which is what we expected and was infact very nice indeed with homemade cakes and pastries, fruits, yogurts, cheese and meats.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Great staff and family.

Room Tip: Request a sea view if possible. Im sure not everyone will get one.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We had excellent stay, professional team at reception always ready to help with care including the director himself, we booked apartment type - we didn't like it cause it is a little bit far from the Hotel, but we change the type to room in main building and it was fine, rooms itself are not a modern style - probably need a renovation and they can sell with DBL price :) Hotel provide access to the beach with reduced price, in general there is no negative except restaurant staff (not all) only one girl who were very rude and even changed/instruct us to sit in another table with no reason with no smile, speaking loud to all guests! but this doesn't effect the overall experience, dinner was just perfect, animation girl is amazing. thanks a lot dear management - keep the same level!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Although we only stayed two nights (just bed and breakfast), we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend break.
The owners and staff were all helpful and friendly. We had economy rooms and we were perfectly happy with them.
Wendy's advice on where to eat in the evening was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerELCID, Direttore at Hotel El Cid Campeador, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thanks a lot for your review!
We are happy that you're satisfied of your stay in the Economy rooms, smaller but smart! We hope to welcome you again :)

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

I hated this hotel and left one night before, couldn't support to finish my stay & no way to get a refund. The only concern of the proprietor was to get paid, are you happy or not in his hotel, it doesn't matter, you have to pay...

It was the worst hotel choice I have ever made. Never imagined such tiny rooms & bathrooms could exist. The air conditioning didn't work properly, very uncomfortable pillows, blood mark on the bed cover, dirty tiling and walls. Bathroom amenities are very old & used. Breakfast very basic. The swimming pool is not located in the same property as the hotel, you have to walk. The beach ( connected with the hotel) is crowded and even if you are a hotel guest, there is no guarantee to have an umbrella if you come in the afternoon, they will tell you that all the umbrellas are booked, even if they are not all in use...

Well, if you look for a comfortable place to stay in Rimini, don't choose this hotel. There are so many others....

Also, if you are already booked in this hotel, please ask to visit the room before you pay, because they will ask you to pay for the entire stay upon arrival....so if you don't like the room or the hotel you will have no chance to get your money back....this is what happened to me....

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tatiana G
HotelManagerELCID, Direttore at Hotel El Cid Campeador, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Hello Tatiana that "dream to be a swiss citizen", your review is a collection of lies, my compliments. I hope you are now satisfied of your life.