“Nice view, good food ”
Review of Catch 22

Catch 22
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Salmond
Price range: USD 5 - USD 50
Description: Catch 22 is a quaint restaurant overlooking the beautiful cliffs at Archer's Bay in the North of Barbados. Customers can enjoy ocean breezes and stunning views while partaking in freshly caught seafood and other delicacies at an unhurried pace.
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

We ended up here while we were touring the island. It's a remote place, but it is on the roadmap and there are signs to guide you there. The restaurant is on top of the cliffs. The food and service is good. It has a nice ocean view. Nice place to stop for a drink or lunch.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We made our first lunch visit to Catch 22 having popped in previously and tried their fantastic fish cakes — they are the best we have tasted!! I had the Lion Fish which was cooked really nicely and a great tasty dish .my wife had Barracuda which also went down well as did the pasta which our friend had.

The Bread Pudding was off the scales good - definitely better than any of the previous ones I have had and there have been a few !!

Couldn’t recommend this place highly enough.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday afternoon and arrived at around 1:45pm. We were greeted quickly, taken to a table and offered some tap water. It was almost 20 minutes before anyone came back to us to take our order and out water still hadn't arrived. Unfortunately this was a sign of things to come as it was almost an hour before our food arrived, I'm glad we'd decided to skip starters and go straight to mains as we may have been there all afternoon!

The restaurant was fairly busy with nearly all the tables full but this isn't a big restaurant so in my opinion the speed of service should have been quicker.

The long wait for the food probably did take away from my enjoyment of it, having said that overall I was happy with the food. The salad was fresh, crisp and nicely dressed and the rice was tasty. I tried the local lion fish which I've never had before and it was good, a little like snapper in its texture. The fish was very well cooked but sadly it hadn't been very well filleted so contained quite a number of bones. On the whole they were fairly visible so I spotted them before I put it in my mouth, given how visible they were I wonder why no one took the time to remove them?!

For the most part the service although slow was good. Nearly all of the staff were friendly and helpful, although there was one young-ish girl who didn't seem happy to be there at all and that came across in her service.

So a mixed experience really. The food was nice, although probably not above average, so with that and the long wait I don't think I'd go back. This is a shame because the views are stunning.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The property is beautiful, the view is breathtaking. The menu has something for various palates. The waiter could use a little more training, nevertheless, he did not ruin my experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Catch 22 in the North of the island is a welcome to St.Lucy.The food is great,and the drinks, the view is spectacular you can view the north of the island. my only concern was you had to wait more than is acceptable for food,and being in the industry for a number of years,the owner needs to brush up on his health & safety skills and learn the law,on my visit i witnessed staff entering the kitchen with no head protection,and the two bar staff had full beards,if they need to enter the kitchen for any reason then their heads and beards need to be covered,its that simple no excuses,also some of the drinks on display were too high and it could be an accident waiting to happen,But when all is said and done the food was good and the prices are reasonable.So come on Catch22 improve on your health & safety skills before it becomes serious.

Date of visit: July 2018