“Pleasant find”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Wollongong, Australia
“Pleasant find”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Work usually books us at the Sebel up the road but it was booked solid. I had read some negative reviews on the Mantra but thought how bad could one night be. 5pm Check in was very quick with 3 staff at desk. Very polite, very help full. I got one of the last packign spaces available and I asked if I could leave car there all the follwoign day although check out - no problem. There is other parking next to anyway. Room (and colleagues) seemed recent refurb. Bar was good for late drink. Ate at PJ's Irish just down the road. No problems for me at this hotel.

Room Tip: Review was floor 7
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Fallsy
RobEverett1, General Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear 'Fallsy'

Thankyou very much for your feedback on Mantra Parramatta.

I am pleased that you found the hotel team members helpful during your stay and you enjoyed your time at the property.

We do have some great accomodation & facilities at the hotel - which have been recently refreshed, but also we are very conveniently located to a number of different facilities within the Parramatta CBD.

I hope to have you back at the hotel in the near future

Please do not hesitiate to call me directly should you wish to stay at the hotel on a more regular basis

Rob Everett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just average - bed's were clean but didn't get a good nights sleep as they were on the firm side and so too the pillows. Biggest gripe was the TV as it had poor reception and not set up properly as images were 'fat' ie squashed. Overall, for the price I paid, $108 for a Sunday night, it's not too bad as the train station & Westfield is less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EatnSleepMatt
Dear 'eatnsleep_matt'

Thankyou for writing a review on Mantra Parramatta.

I am sorry to read that you found our bedding & pillows on the firm side. We have recently replaced our beds at the hotel and are generally receiving very positive comments on the mattresses, however i will take you comments on board. Our housekeeping department has a number of different pillow styles to satisify different requirements. I will ensure that we are more proactive in offering these to guests when we recieve this type of feedback in future.

We have just replaced all TV's at the hotel with LCD flatscreens, and are working with our TV provider to chang the older Analogue Signal into a Clearer Digital picture. Expect to see a perfectly clear picture very soon.

Thankyou for pointing out that we are very conveniently located to the train station and Westfields Shopping Centre - one of the great advantages staying at the hotel.

Once again, thankyou for your feedback - please do not hestitate to contact me directly during your next stay, so i can ensure you are well loked after

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Was not impressed with a few features of the room. In the room I stayed in had the shower built in such a way that the water from the shower covered the whole bathroom floor and into the next room as the shower didn't have a bottom and we had to use our towels to clean it up. The room was nice and tidy but over all the shower let whole experience down of staying at the mantra.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Deb_Musawi
RobEverett1, General Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear 'Deb_Musawi'

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mantra Parramatta.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as it could have been, and the frustration you have experienced, regarding water escaping from the shower and covering your bathroom floor.

The room that you stayed in, was a wheelchair accessable room, and whilst it offers the same features as a normal guest room, the floor 'edge stripping' and shower curtain cannot always do the same job as a shower screen.

This morning, I did go up to the room that you stayed in and your feedback has highlighted another issue. The way the water 'flows' into the shower drain can be directed much better with new edge stripping - so this will be fixed immediately.

Please accept my apologies regarding your recent stay. I would love to have you stay again at the hotel, so I can show you the different accomodation options we have at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Once again, I really appreciate your feedback on Mantra Parramatta. It will help us get better - thankyou

Best Regards

Cabarita Beach, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here for business, staff very friendly ad helpful, hotel rooms very roomy, clean and comfortable, king size beds brand ew plasma tvs. Breakfast very yum. If you eed to go to Syd for business this hotel is very nice and covenient. Only negative was that the gym equipment was very old sqeaky and outdated.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side off the main road was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KaseyBoyd
RobEverett1, General Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear 'KaseyBoyd'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Mantra Parramatta.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I know that my team at the hotel also appreciated your review/comments.

As you pointed out we have recently upgraded our TV's and bedding at the hotel, so i am pleased your found them comfortable.

We are currently looking at some new gym equipment, which we really compliment the changes my team has made of late. I am hoping to have this in place over the coming months

Once again, I really appreciate your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Not quite in the CBD, the Mantra is just on the edge but close to the train station. The rooms are spacious but typical of many urban business hotels - basic and just a little sterile. I've stayed a couple of times and quality and cleanliness varies. Some rooms have been excellent while others have had stained carpets and worn furnishings. Generally though, this hotel is above average for age and price.

Compared to other Parramatta hotels the Mantra is pretty good. Reception is good and check-in / check-out is always fast and trouble free. Lots of good dining options nearby but the hotel restaurant is pretty good too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors......not much of a view but a little quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dooragan
RobEverett1, General Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Dooragan,

Thankyou for posting some feedback regarding your stay at Mantra Parramatta. I am pleased your stay was comfortable.

My team have been working very hard on service over the previous 12 months, so i am pleased that you received great service at reception.

We have recently been doing a lot of work on the hotel, including replacing bedding, new LCD TV's across the hotel, upgrade of furniture in the hotel tower, repainting of all guest rooms and wireless internet.

Once again, thankyou for your feedback