“Good beer”

Ranked #15 of 525 Restaurants in Parramatta
Price range: USD 11 - USD 22
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Perfectly placed in the heart of Sydney's second CBD, Bavarian Bier Cafe Parramatta boasts the very best Bavarian bier, authentic cuisine and warm hospitality, along with a dedicated event space. Situated in a fully restored historical church and perfect for birthdays, get-togethers and work functions, the stylish venue has indoor and alfresco dining areas - there's even a Pizza Station in the Biergarten, where you can try tasty pizzas with a Bavarian twist. Whether you're dropping by for lunch or dinner, the friendly atmosphere will make you'll feel right at home
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I love their beer. The happy hour goes from 4-6pm and is super cheap. The venue is in an old church. Brilliant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We came here for lunch on Good Friday. I suspect that it is wrong to drink beer at a former church on such a holy day, but we needed lunch. We had some beers and fish and chips. We sat outside where it was pretty warm, but pleasant under the umbrellas. Inside was air conditioned. The fish and chips were good and the service was friendly and efficient. I would certainly come back.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Youngest son wanted to go here for his Birthday.

I've said previously I wouldn't return, but i'm a parent so that's what I did.

We ordered 5 drinks (4 beer one water) and it took 25 minutes to be served the warm beer. They had sat on the bar for most of that time. Service? What service?

Interestingly 3 of the 6 people there are Barman and they couldn't believe how slow the service was.

When ordered the beers we were told "we've run out of that one". Hang on, this is a Beer Restaurant. That's like Coca Cola running out of coke.

Definitely will never darken their doorstep again.

BBCParramatta, General Manager at Bavarian Bier Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Rod,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience.
If you would like to give me the chance to make things up to you please send me an email and I will get in touch.

Regards,

Parramatta@bavarianbiercafe.com.au

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Been there before Christmas with a party of 16. Had reserved beforehand and were asked to pre-order food, which we did. Upon our arrival the waiter already seemed quite un-motivated, at least ordering drinks took quite a while. After the mains we waited almost an hour for our deserts, which we had pre-ordered, too. Upon inquiry, the waiter told us, that they hadn't received the order or simply forgotten it. Be it as it may: 16 people on two tables sitting there after the mains and not even one question if we wanted desert? They could have earned a lot more than the approximately $750, as they did. Furthermore, they advertise that you can get Qantas points. Upon payment I gave the waiter my Qantas details. Up to date after three months I haven't received any points yet. Inquired several times at the restaurant and at Qantas' hotline but they just refer to the other party. After my last email to the Bavarian I've never heard of them again.

So let's consider the food: Being born and raised in Munich, I think I can judge the food there. The pork knuckle is really good and really close to the original. The beer is authentic, too. The rest? Forget it, the Nürnberger sausages taste completely bland and to be honest, Bavaria is several hundred kilometres from the sea, so why are there spicy squid or mussels on the menu? Nobody eats that in a traditional Bavarian restaurant. The Bavarian or Austrian cuisine is so rich and diverse, why isn't there more of that on the menu. If I want to eat Asian or Australian, I can choose from heaps of other restaurants in the area.

In summary: Unmotivated service, no typical Bavarian hospitality and apart from pork knuckle average, non authentic food. Definitely not Bavarian. Earning Qantas points, as advertised, is a joke. One point for the location which is really nice, another for the pork knuckle, but that's it. Therefore, if you want to eat Bavarian, travel to beautiful Bavaria or chose another restaurant.

Dear Oliver,

With great disappointment I am reading your feedback.
I would very much like to get in touch to discuss further and make up for things that have been missed out.

If this is in your interest please send me an email and I will get back to you.

kind regards,

Roman

Parramatta@bavarianbiercafe.com.au

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Just went for a casual drink and some chips.

Bavarian beer hall.. in an old church. Quiet but okay.

For a beer and chips a little over-priced.

Better with a group rather than drinking solo!!!