“Lamb, veal and local salad”

Javor Agapi Mrzentsi
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Gevgelija
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Excellent place with very good food and polite service. We were 3 families with kids. We had roast lamb and veal. We let a waiter to recommend salad (combination of fresh tomato, cucumber, cabbage, carrot, cheese, olives and roasted pepper and zucchini) and we did not regret at all. It was excellent. Kids had a grill and consumed everything from their plates.
I recommend it if you are traveling from Macedonia to Greece or vice versa and crossing the border close to Gevgelia. It's not far away from a high way, just a couple of minutes of local road.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 21 December 2017

A cute restaurant with a beautiful garden. They offer traditional food, but you'll get traditional music as well :D
I recommend you trying the roast lamb, the dish they're famous for.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Us twelve came here and ordered lamb, veal, cevapi and many other things. None of us were unsatisfied! It was the best veel i have tried in my life and lamb was as good as veal. You have to come here if you're in Gevgelia! Pleasant enviroment adds up to everything here. Only con i "experienced" here is huge number of flies, but even flies were attached to food :D Overall, excellent place and definietly reccomended!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This is a good family restaurant ideal for large parties. I recommend having a mezze and leaving it up to the staff to decide exactly what and how much to bring you and your guests. You won't be disappointed with anything you receive, from delicate fragrant tiny lamb chops to breaded feta cheese, shopska salad, delicious ground meat patties, wonderful Macedonian tomatoes (the best in Europe), in fact I have never eaten anything there that I didn't enjoy.
I am going back to Macedonia later this year and Mrzentsi is definitely on my itinerary.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a group tour one evening and had a wonderful meal. The staff were very accommodating and the food was excellent. Lovely salads and very tender lamb.

Date of visit: April 2017