Yew Tree Inn
USD 133*
USD 100*
New House Farm(Longhope)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubfriends weddingsteakfull englishgood sizecar parkmotellandlordtvaccommodationportionskettle
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I popped in for lunch on a Friday with a friend. I opted for the Fillet Steak, it had a very 'funky' flavour which tasted like it had stilton on it (it did not) so I was put off eating it. I mentioned it at the point of payment and a not very polite 'I will let the supplier know' clearly this is not a supplier fault and the storage and cooking of the food. In a nutshell, this actually was the worst pub lunch I have ever 'tried' to eat.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My daughter & her boyfriend stayed here over Christmas as there wasn't enough room in the family home we were visiting. When my daughter arrived, the (landlord I presume) person showing them to the room was drunk. They made us pay up front which is unusual & then every time I called the place there was never an answer. On the last night of the stay, we couldn't get there because of snow: I rang & no reply. No one was about the next day when we finally managed to get there in a 4x4 to pick up cases & when I tried to negotiate a possible partial refund for the last night because we couldn't get there, the chap all but called me a liar saying he was there all day & why hadn't I rung?!
Apparently accommodation was quite nice but that never makes up for service.
Rude, rude, rude people.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The landlady was delightful. But there was no reduction in price for us not having breakfast even though it meant the chef did not have to come in to cook breakfast. Food at the evening meal was good. The room was pleasant until you went into the bathroom and all the grouting in the tiles was mouldy. Having experienced a mouldy bathroom in a previous house I know how easy this is to deal with various propriety mould removers. As mould can be a health hazard this really should be dealt with.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and were given a great sized room and asked if we wanted breakfast.
We said yes and went for the latest time possible of 9:30.... it was a rare night away from the kids for a friends wedding so we thought we might actually sleep.
Turns out we woke up earlier so I went round about 9am only to be met with a young girl sitting outside waiting to get in to start the breakfast service. She explained that her boss (the owner I presume) hadn't woken up yet.
I tried again half an hour later when I was booked in and still he hadn't risen from his room.
The young girls mum had arrived though so at least she was warmer.
Eventually we just decided to leave around 10:15 and he was still nowhere to be seen.
It turns out that they had a party the night before so I can only assume he may have just slept late but still not really acceptable when your running a business and employing staff.
There were a few rooms occupied so we were not the only ones disappointed.
Having said that. The room was clean, larger than I had expected and we were presently surprised with what we got for the money.
We wouldn't return to this motel but only for the reasons stated initially.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Adequate room but dirty bathroom. Booked for breakfast but when we arrived the pub was closed. Chef was also sat outside trying to get in. Apparently happened the week before! Felt like we were more of a nuisance than paying customers in the pub for dinner. Wouldn't recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends