“Almost "Very good" !”

Amelia Park Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Abbey
Price range: USD 9 - USD 58
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Newly renovated with choice of two dining venues. We firstly went to the Tavern but unfortunately (despite a great menu) the style and canned music was not for us. As "over 50's" a little too noisy.
Next door is the "Fine dining" Restaraunt which was more our style. With changing times, one forgets how expensive it can be. Still, you must be prepared to pay a premium for added service etc. Management seem to encourage patrons to buy wine by the bottle as the cost per glass of dry sparkling wine is $15 or $25! Beers are priced OK.

Would recommend the Korean fried chicken with pickled cucumber as a shared entree. At $24 it is good value.Actually almost a main course size.
With our mains - a mixed bag. Big red pork belly with Charred Cos lettuce at $36 is not what was expected. Tiny portion of pork & Charred cos was uninspiring. Pea & mint Risotto at $26 was OK, but the Cone bay Barramundi was very disappointing. The highlight of mains for us, was the Lamb shank & mash with a glass of Shiraz supplied. Well priced at $29. Sides are between $10 - $14. Necessary with some dishes.Sweets were excellent - around $16 each. Whilst the staff were pleasant, something was lacking - maybe a little too serious/formal? Have to say, the newly updated premises are first class.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

So it must be good if we are back so soon. This time we were with our boys and their women. We were ushered to the conservatory which was a very pleasant place for lunch. We all enjoyed the meal and drinks. So food and service was excellent.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I shared a steak sandwich. The best steak I have ever eaten anywhere. Succulent Amelia beef. Our son had the chicken parmigiana, which was thick, crunchy, chicken breast, cooked to perfection. Our other family members had tasting plates, "Korean chicken was devine " my sister in law said. Food aside, I truly loved a visit to the ladies, the decor, cornice art, solid doors, and tap ware, made you feel like you were back in time . Loved my visit here, and would highly recommend you visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a beer at the tavern. Good choice of very tasty beers.
Friendly service and efficient from what I could see.
Nice music playing if a little loud inside.
I watched people come and go and food fome out from the kitcgen in the corner.
Being in the catering industry
I understand the food collection sysyem being efficient and cist effective
If food was delivered to the table 3 times the staff would be needed.
Increasing the cost of food
I have eaten here before though not on this occasion. The food has always been tasty and value for money.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

First time we came food was excellent, best onion rings (although BBQ sauce would be nice)Second time average, but this last time was unacceptable. Pizza was not just over cooked but burnt and dripping in oil and burger was not rare but raw. When we told the staff at the collection window both items were inedible they couldn’t understand what our problem was. Obviously it depends on whose cooking on a particular day. Need better continuity between chefs!