All reviews coach house beautiful hotel country house hotel attentive staff bar lounge public rooms outdoor pool cannot recommend this hotel highly enough superb food overlooking the valley afternoon tea evening meal and breakfast fabulous views staff could not have been more peaceful location a real gem wine list
Reviewed 5 December 2015

I was with a party of 20 people who had Christmas lunch here today. The hotel is in a lovely setting, away from the main road which possibly makes it difficult for non-locals to find. Everyone had pre-ordered the food from the good choice on the Christmas menu and the first course was served quickly. The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the following two courses were just as good. The staff were friendly and polite and did an excellent job. I cannot fault this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Having eaten at Burleigh Court in the past we decided to have a lunch/afternoon function and finger buffet for 50 guests to celebrate our wedding anniversary. From the start the whole function was dealt with professionally with sample menus and drink options being readily available. The finger buffet was of an extremely high standard, well presented and plentiful. Our guests made very favourable comments about not only the food but also the staff who were on hand throughout. Burleigh Court is in a wonderful location and well suited to this type of function.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I took my husband here for a birthday surprise to the Cotswolds back in August. I paid £190 for the 'deluxe room' which unfortunately overlooked the back garden and swimming pool, not the front as I'd hoped but was nice nonetheless. The decor was lovely, what you'd expect and hope for a traditional English hotel. However, the bathroom was minuscule - in fact so small I'm slightly concerned I was fobbed off with a normal room and not a deluxe as it is not like the pictures at all!
On arrival, we couldn't find the front door to the hotel - and when we did we walked in and there was nobody to be found! Eventually a man came, handed us a signing in form and walked away again. A very odd start to the stay - given we'd driven for 3 hours from London! Anyway, they were very helpful booking us a taxi into Stroud - although they hadn't heard of the restaurant we were going to which was a bit worrying as it was raved about on Trip Advisor - and the taxi woman couldn't believe it either as apparently it's very famous down there!
We had some drinks in the library after our dinner out which was pleasant, and breakfast the next morning was very tasty. Although the staff were a little on the young side and as we said our order the boy said "oh sorry I wasn't listening could you repeat please?" Bit odd!
They let us have a late check in for no extra charge which was nice - although I had already spent over £200 so I would not have paid extra anyway! The office is at the back near the kitchen which is not glamorous at all, I would suggest moving that as it ruins the aesthetics slightly when you go to pay - or if you need any assistance.
We had a good stay nonetheless, although would probably search elsewhere on our next trip to the Cotswolds; in all honestly, I think it was a little overpriced for what it was. Although the views out the front are utterly spectacular - so I guess that's what you're paying for!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrianLouise16
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We love going back to this hotel as the views overlooking chalford valley (known as the golden valley) are magnificent. I can't review evening meals as we meet up with family whilst there, but in the restaurant for breakfast, there are always fresh flowers on each table and staff are friendly and always professional and several choices of breakfasts. Just a short drive from the hotel takes you on to common land where walking is plentiful.
Beds very comfortable which for me is important, as I do like a good night's sleep.
Peaceful and tucked away.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Met with friends for afternoon tea. Wonderful location with helpful staff. Tea was plentiful and we were given a private side room with comfy sofas. There was no rush and teapots were topped up when required. Overall a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Will go back again .

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends