All reviews bumble bee park and ride hi express pub next door beans the sofa bed the pub free breakfast clean rooms decent breakfast overnight stop hot breakfast stayed here for one night business park road noise plenty of parking excellent value for money
Reviewed 9 October 2018

As it is just a couple of hundred yards from a venue I regularly attend, over the last seven years I've stayed here for many nights, usually 12-15 a year spread over about eight visits. I've always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and as a regular it's nice to be greeted by name if the right staff are on duty.

Rooms and facilities are very much what you'd expect from an HIX hotel, but the rooms are always clean and very comfortable. However, when booked by the sports venue they are prone to making booking errors. Rooms are generally quiet, although those nearest the dual carriageway can suffer a little with traffic noise.

The breakfasts aren't the best, but standard HIX offerings. Unlike many HIX and HI hotels, it's good to know that I can at least get a rather nice pizza 24/7.

The biggest downside is that prices seem to have shot up significantly over the last few years (although I rarely have to pay from my own pocket, thankfully) and this hotel is often more expensive than many provincial HI (as opposed to HIX) hotels I stay in.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
HIE-Glos, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Souwester147,

Thank you for leaving you feedback with us.

Its always a pleasure to welcoming back a regular guest and we thank you for you continued loyalty to IHG.

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave your thorough feedback with us and we take on board all feedback to improve our operation.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future next time you attend your venue.

Kindest regards,
Matthew Sammons
Guest Service Manager
Holiday Inn Express, Gloucester South.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Stayed here for one night, receptionists were extremely welcoming and friendly on arrival, rooms were nice and spacious, nice comfy bed. Breakfast was good in the morning too, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear kirstyandmatthew15

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that you found our team extremely welcoming and friendly and that our rooms were nice and spacious. Its great to read you found the bed comfy and that you enjoyed our included express start breakfast.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards
Felicity C

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times and it is always the same.... clean, modern with very helpful and friendly staff. This hotel should be the role model for all Holiday Inn Express hotels to follow. There is a nice little pub next door aswell for evening times. The only real downside is that it is located quite out of the way. There isn’t really anywhere within walking distance if you fancy a wander out on foot at night.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear allanbcn

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us.
It is pleasing to read you are a loyal return visitor to our hotel and that you find the hotel clean, modern and our team friendly and helpful.
Our team pride themselves on the services and standards we offer and its encouraging to read that we have been able to deliver on these during your stays.

It is unfortunate our location does not quite meet your needs however we do hope we can welcome you back again many times in the near future.

Kind Regards
Felicity C

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We used this hotel for a family weekend away . We found it to be clean, spacious and the breakfast was lovely. Plenty of parking and conveniently located with two nearby restaurants.
I must mention the lady on reception. I wish I’d taken down her name. I think she was a manager. She was really lovely! Couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. We saw her constantly over the weekend, always busy, always with a smile. People like her are the icing on the cake and I really hope her employers appreciate her.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Sylwia B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us .
It is fantastic to hear that your bedroom met your expectations and our location was convenient for your needs.
Our team strive to make every guests stay a positive experience so I am pleased to see that we were friendly and helpful during you time with us.
Thank you once again for your lovely comments and I hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Kind Regards,
Sylwia B, Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a great hotel where we have stayed several times. It is close to Gloucester and perfect for us to break our journey when we have visited South Wales. The hotel is spotless with tea making facilities in bedrooms. The breakfast is included in the price and there is a good selection of cereals, yogurts, fruit, bacon and scrambled eggs being amongst the choices. There is also a bar where you can also buy hot drinks.

Stayed: September 2018
HIE-Glos, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Cosmo494,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read we met all of your expectations with your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kindest Regards