4,505 results
All reviews lupita lounge la amada plunge pool aroma restaurant lupita restaurant beachfront casita story casita room service ocean view terrace aqua viva natura bar sushi boutique resort beach concierge swim up bar seasons tours swim up suite
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Pick-up at Airport: We opted for a private car which we booked with Seasons Tours thru the resort. Our pick-up could not have been smoother. The tour operator was waiting for us outside the airport entry doors, and took us directly to our vehicle. Our driver was very friendly and informative, and whisked us to the resort. Well worth the $$$.

Check in: Again, this could not have been smoother. We stayed at other resorts in Mexico where the check-in was a real trial – rooms not ready, room not available, pressure to book tours. None of this occurred at The Beloved. Instead, you are warming greeted by the bellman with a cool towel to remove the grit and grime of traveling, and provided a glass of sparkling wine. The front desk staff could not have been more courteous. They checked us in quickly and provided a quick overview of the resort. We felt truly welcomed.

Room: We opted for one of the Terrace suites with pool. The room was quite large and included an entry with bar area, a two-sink bathroom and very large, double-sized shower (overhead and wall mounted showerheads) with seating bench, separate toilet and separate closet, and an open area that contained the king bed, desk, pull-out sleeper sofa, and coffee table. There was also a raised jacuzzi tub in one corner.

The outside area was equally large and spacious, and contained a shaded queen-sized divan, a separate queen-sized divan located where it would receive full sun, and then a separate area that contained the pool. The shaded divan was a great place to rest after a long day in the sun.

Our room was in Building 1, which is the “main building”, and overlooked the entire resort. Yes, it did have an ocean view, which I would characterize as Partial. This was perhaps a bit disappointing but I would not have changed our room especially if a better ocean view would have meant going to a smaller room.

Property and Pools: The property is quite lovely and very well maintained. I can’t say much about the pools as we spent all our time at the beach, but other guests were certainly enjoying the pools and swim up bar.

Beach: While the beach is narrower than the beaches in the hotel zone and even the adjacent sister resort Excellence, it was always clean and never crowded. There are two types of sunning options on the beach – cabanas which you can reserve ($45/day) and chaise lounges under palapas. The cabanas are located on the “front” row of the beach and include both a queen-sized divan inside the cabana as well as two chaise lounges in front on the beach. Jared, who is the beach concierge, is a real treasure. He greeted us warmly and with a smile every day and checked with us throughout the day to make sure everything was perfect. Jesus, Alex and Eduardo waited on us while we were at the beach, and they too were terrific. They ensured we were never lacking for water, drinks or food, and always had a smile for us. If I was running my own resort, I’d make a point of poaching these incredible servers.

Activities: We made ample use of the snorkeling gear, the SUPs, and the Hobie Cat. Roosevelt, who helps with the water activities, took us out on the Hobie Cat for a great sail in the bay. He too was quick with a smile and provided a lot of interesting history about Playa Mujeres, the resort and Cancun. He also helped me shake the rust off my sailing skills so that in the days that followed I felt comfortable taking the Hobie out on my own.
We also did the bike tour with Marobi. It was a fun activity and exposed us to more of Playa Mujeres than we otherwise would have seen. Marobi has a wonderful sense of humor and provided us with many laughs.

Restaurants/Food Service: The Beloved has a reputation for above average food, a reputation that our experience says is generally well deserved. Our only complaint is that the buffets did not measure up to the quality or creativity of the ala carte menus and the sushi bar is ehhh. El Mar and Lupita are IMHO the top two restaurants. El Mar is situated on the beach and offers a diverse selection of seafood in a not to be missed setting. And while it was tempting to indulge in lobster daily, don’t overlook the excellently prepared fish. Isla Grill, which offers meats – various beef cuts, pork, etc. – is nice enough if you’re looking for a culinary change and want to be near the water. Otherwise, I’d recommend Lupita. The locally and culturally inspired dishes were wonderful, and would satisfy the most demanding of diners. Room service was fast but food so-so. Of course, other than a Four Seasons or St Regis, most food service is so-so.

Staff: This is where The Beloved really shines. Every staff member we came into contact with from maintenance to maids to administration were friendly, warm, helpful and really made us feel appreciated and welcomed. Others deserving mention: Dani, David, Samantha

Room Tip: Terrace Suites are BIG
7  Thank waterspit
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear waterspit,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for sharing your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are very happy to read your amiable words regarding your experience with us and to know that you had an excellent time at our boutique hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning the friendly and attentive services and the beautiful facilities encountered that made your stay unique and unforgettable. We also would like to congratulate for your engagement, which helped us to identify points improvement in order to provide the best vacation experience to our valued guests.

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another amazing getaway.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We booked Beloved Playa Mujeres for our honeymoon (late May) and it turned out to be a fantastic choice. We felt very safe and welcome there as there are guards and a gate leading into the property. We were greeted promptly even though we arrived pretty late and that's where the great service started. The lobby of this resort smells amazing and I want to bottle the smell up and bring it home with me.

We had a swim-up room and were really happy with our choice. It was so nice being able to walk right out of your room and take a dip in the pool and then go right back toy your private space. Our one complaint was that the two pools near the middle of the property with the swim-up access were too warm. I want to cool down when I get in the pool, but it was more like bath water. It sounded like it had been pretty warm in Cancun in the days leading up to our trip, so I think that's probably why the pools were hot. Regardless, we loved being able to sit out on the lounge bed, at the table and chairs or in the lounge chairs that were all within our outdoor private room space.

Overall we were very happy with the food. Our hometown has a plethora of great local restuarants so our standards are pretty high and I didn't feel let down at all. Lupita, Aroma and Isla Grill were all really great with a wide variety of options. We also enjoyed El Mar, which was right on the beach, and the Lupita Lounge where there is music or an activity every night. I had as much local-style food as possible and it was good every time, but my wife even had pasta one night and that was really good as well. The one item I will call out is that I wouldn't recommend drinking the milk off the cold bar for breakfast at Isla Grill. It's basically a cold plate that juices or drinks sit on that also offers small boxes of cereal and the sort. My wife had a bowl of cereal one morning with milk and ended up sick the next day.

That leads me into the note that we saw the doctor while we were on site for my wife's sickness and that went really well. I assume this doesn't get reviewed often, but we were pleased with the service the doctor gave us and we were able to get my wife back on track quickly.

Pascual in the Lupita Lounge gave us a Tequila Tasting one night and it was really, really great. His knowledge of tequila was very in depth and he answered all of our questions. This was also a really great way to try some of the spirits that were "extra". Highly recommended.

We did the spa one day as well and that was a really great experience as well. It was quiet and romantic and we were both pleased with our massages. We found out at the spa that we got an Aqua Viva treatment for free with our stay, which was great, but I didn't feel that it was promoted too well and I'd guess a lot of people didn't take advantage of it.

I could go on with small details, but overall the experience was really fantastic. The service here was unbelievable - everyone said hello and was always willing to help us out. I've already recommended Beloved Playa Mujeres to friends asking about travelling to Cancun and will continue to do so. Thanks for making our honeymoon so great!

Room Tip: Swim up suites are so convenient for pool access
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zack B

Dear Zack,

Let us thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as the destination for your honeymoon and for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

We are very glad for your generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and to know that you’ve got so satisfied with the excellent service provided, and the beautiful facilities made your stay an enjoyable experience. On the other hand, we deeply regret that your wife has passed through this health issue. At Beloved Playa Mujeres, the wellness of our guests is one of our priorities and we carefully select the freshest ingredients to serve to our valued guests.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been forwarded to the attention of the management on the property since we consider them an important tool to help us improve on a daily basis.

It will be a privilege to welcoming you back soon for another romantic getaway.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My husband and I stayed in an ocean view junior suite at Beloved and fell in love with everything about this hotel. The hotel staff was kind, friendly, attentive and welcoming. We ordered room service the majority of our stay and the food was great! Turn down service by Gladys exceeded our expectations. She was super sweet and left really cute towel ornaments including one in form of a cake in honor of my husband's birthday. The staff at beach concierge where we spent most of our time, was incredible. Our server Eduardo and host Jared completely exceeded our expectations. They went above and beyond to provide us with the best service we have ever received. Eduardo was extremely assertive, friendly and made great drink and food recommendations. Our experience at Beloved blew us away and we cannot wait to return next year!!

3  Thank RosieH1049
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We have nothing but positive things to say about the Beloved. From start to finish - it was a 5 star experience. It is true what the other reviews say...the best thing about it is the people! The staff were incredible, constantly catering to our every need. The resort itself is immaculate and beautiful. We had a fabulous experience with the hydrotherapy at the spa - NOT to miss! The food was great, as well as the drinks. The only disappointment to us was some of the seafood, was decent, but in comparison, the other food was great. Fabulous steaks at the grill, we went back 2 nights in a row! Special shout-outs to Alberto @ Lupita Lounge, Miriam (the BEST bartender) at the indoor bar, Ezekiel at Lupita Restaraunt, and Noe at the Isla Grill.....FABULOUS service! We will be coming back again and again. Very glad we splurged on one of the swim-up rooms....was worth every penny!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are fabulous!
3  Thank Abby K
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Abby,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for sharing your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are thrilled to read that you found a relaxing time at Beloved Playa Mujeres and our partners delivered an excellent service, able to make your stay a relaxing experience. Thanks for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation mentioning the attentive services and your delighting experience at our spa that went above your expectations. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, which is very important to us.

Please rest sure that your amiable comments will reach the eyes and ears of all our staff at the resort. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you another fantastic getaway.

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

So- been here a full day now. The reviews so far don't even do this place justice- I can't think of a single thing I could want more. Absolutely amazing personal service, great food and drinks. We spent our first night in the main building and had a beautiful room. Just moved to our ground floor casita this afternoon, huge private pool with amazing views and location. I will give a full review at the end of our trip. If you are in the fence- I'd suggest booking asap! I've traveled all over and this place is beyond any and all expectations.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple