“Seafood by the port ”
Review of Marigo

Marigo
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Linaria
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Marigo on our first night in the island and we left with mixed feelings.. This is a restaurant that is probably better at grilled fresh fish than meze, however as we were still a bit off from the trip we went for some meze and fish based plates. Nothing was bad but they were mediocre at best - one example was the kritharoto with octopus: quite tasty but it felt like microwaved. From a taverna on an island I would expect fresh dishes and certainly not microwaved. Just a note, better to remove from the menu the dishes that do not work and cook what you are good at. Overall the atmosphere was lovely, the service quick and efficient and had we chosen to eat some fresh fish or lobster I think we would be happier.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

A definitely higher - quality tavern in front of the ferry deck in Linaria. Service is friendly and efficient, nice setting, and food is tasty but innovative : delicious fava with dill, then fresh cod fish baked in the oven with tomato sauce or pork with orange and honey for my wife. Fast wifi for the guests. In 2 adults and one child 31 euros with water - can't wait to be back. Credit cards accepted.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We had two wonderful dinners in this lovely restaurant, the service was excellent, they offer a nice variety of good wines and last but not least the sea food and the freshly made salads are simply amazing!! We had the best lobster spaghetti the first evening and I have tried this specific dish all over the world!! The second we had fish which was excellently cooked in the grill and super tasty! Everything was super fresh and great!! Bravo to Marigo team!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, environment & service. We went twice during the 5 days of our stay in Skyros and would definitely go back next time we visit the island, to taste more of its dishes!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is one of the best place I've ever been to.
The restaurant is awesome, we wen't there because we liked how it looks and the manager was really friendly to us, he offered us the table we wanted and the food was surprisingly good.
They served me the best fried squid I've ever eaten in my life and all that followed was tasty and healthy.
At the end, they offered us two cakes and I just loved the orange cake one.
10/10 would go there. We are going back tonight because we found our "spot".
I hope to find something with honey tonight, but I don't doubt that !

Date of visit: July 2017