Turtle Bay(Kalametiya)
  • Restaurant
USD 23
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
Ceylon Sea Hotel(Tangalle)(Great Value!)
USD 50
USD 42
All reviewsremote locationdeserted beacheach morningon arrivalpalm treessri lankataximirissafishermanparadise
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure how anyone could give this place a bad review; the rooms are wonderful, modern, stylish and comfortable, the layout, dining area and pool are perfect, the staff are all so nice and super helpful, and the location....yes it’s a little out of the way but does happen to be located on a perfect, pristine stretch of idyllic beach far from all your troubles! We were on our honeymoon, and if I had my way I’d stay here for the rest of it, I really did love it that much. The only issue even as much as I wanted it to not be an issue and tried several times to give it a fair go - was the food; breakfast was always great, but the on-site chef is terrible and can’t even make an edible sandwich, served tasteless, dry noodles and even managed to ruin a curry - sadly the food is really not to a standard which suits this otherwise perfect destination.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Adam W
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We have stayed in the hotel for 4 days and had a lovely room with seaview. The hotel is placed within cosy and peaceful surroundings, with very nice and wide beach where you may really feel privacy. The staff is nice and helpfull and open for any sugestions and remarks. The food was good and tasty so we didn't really go to eat anywhere else. I recommend for families.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Lankavatara for 6 nights and loved it. It has a tasteful interior and the rooms are big and clean and all face the ocean. The staff is extremely kind and helpful and can arrange all sorts of day trips. The location is very isolated but the beach is empty for many miles. A great get-away for relaxing. There is also a nice local restaurant just across the street.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelP1972
Reviewed 8 March 2018

We loved our stay, especially what we needed after busy Kandy. The beach is wonderful, deserted, untouched. Swimming however not so much possible because of strong tide but for us it wasn't a problem at all. The hotel has a great pool, beautiful garden, which is quiet. As we understood its a very new hotel.

The room design is very nice, a bit industrial mixed with local warm materials - we really liked it. Staff was really nice and looked after us.

The only negative thing - and thats why I dont give full 5 points is the kitchen. Breakfast is nice, but a la carte is struggling. I would recomend to learn more from local cuisine and for the international dishes, stick to the original or don't do it.

So all in all, if you want to escape from the crowds and have long walks on the deserted beach - do it here! :-) Also I think it has a good value, as we didnt expect such a nice facility based on the price. Its not cheap but we found similar hotels on much higher budget while looking for a place to stay. probably it's cheaper because it's remote but that is an advantage here. You can always go to Unawatuna or Mirissa is you need a busy beach.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronika X
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I with a friend stayed for 1 night, it should have been longer, the rooms were large and very clean. The view over the beach were stunning from our balcony.
The restaurant was well run, the staff were excellent and so was the food, we will be returning in June.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends