Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Found what I was looking for

I lovely selection of jewellery and was so pleased to have found the ring I was looking for. It... read more

Reviewed 18 March 2018
Clare L
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Beautifully Crafted Celtic Jewellery

We called in on our way back from Elgol because we had just become engaged on Skye and I wanted to... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2017
nothingcomestomind
Hereford
via mobile

All reviews beautiful craftsmanship knot gallery celtic craftsmen skye
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Our visit to Duncan House was to be one of the highlights of our holiday . The drive down the single-track road was fun and to find that real craftsmanship is still the order of the day in this stunning corner of the island warmed this old engineers heart almost as much as the pleasure of meeting and purchasing a piece from Mr Duncan for my beloved wife . What an experience !

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank william s
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Duncan House is a truly magnificent place to visit where they hand make exquisite Celtic jewellery. They are located in a beautiful part of the Isle of Skye. Whilst there, I purchased two delightful silver rings with the Flora's Knot design. One for my wife and one for myself.

2  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Not only is this where you absolutely must head for a milestone piece of jewellery, but if you're going to be anywhere vaguely in the region of Skye and are at all appreciative of beautiful artefacts, you have to drive out the Elgol road to visit the lovely Garth and see his wares.

His artistry and craftsmanship are breathtaking and possibilities seemingly limitless-just talk to him about potential commissions.
Our rings arrived yesterday and are quite the most beautiful special things we have, and all the moreso because we met and talked to the lovely modest artist himself.
Your only problem may be stemming the tide of other pieces you'd like him to make for you.

Very special.

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank ShonaB2602
Reviewed 8 October 2014

I bought a ring from Garth's shop back in 2012 when my wife and I were gallavanting about Scotland and Ireland. While we were staying in Fort William we saw a circular which had an advertisement for Garth's shop. The schedule I had meticulously prepared months before actually had time for a side trip, so onto the ferry and to the Isle of Skye we went. It was a great trip, made more special by the 11 mile single track (read: watch out for freaking goats) road to his shop. Rather than repave all of the remarks by other travelers, it's enough to say that Garth is an enthusiastic and laid back host. And his craftsmanship is world class. It wasn't my plan to even go there, let alone buy a ring, but let's just say it was a very smart move. His style is unlike anything you are likely to experience even if you are looking for Regal Celtic items. I liken the ring we selected to a 17th century ring from a castle, previously worn by a baroness or something. Garth is his own metallurgist and he totally takes ownership of the entire process. We really like the ring we bought there, enough to the point I commissioned another ring in white gold some months ago, which arrived over the summer. It looks so good I bought a safe to put it in! We made a special trip of it and had no regrets, just great memories.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank El_Hombre_del_Hierro
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a great gem in the outback.
The drive there is great in it self sadly we had bad weather but the goal of our journey well made up for that
We had the pleasure to meet and talk with Garth and he was a very interesting and nice artist indeed, his work is displayed at the shop and it is truly amazing what he have there.
Just go there and enjoy or buy something for your self or someone you love i did and it was worth every single penny!

Date of experience: July 2014