All reviews comfortable bed a lovely stay delicious breakfast lovely bathroom stayed here one night breakfast table high standard gill hosts accommodation sleep
Reviewed 2 May 2015

My partner stayed at The Hawthorns this week. He received a lovely warm welcome from the Hosts Jill and Dave. Both were very friendly and couldn't do enough for him. The room was excellent - very modern and a very comfortable bed - he slept like a log. Delicious breakfast with great coffee.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Stayed here earlier this week for one night so I could check the commute to my office.

Welcome was very warm and friendly. The bedroom was well presented and the bathroom - well I travel a lot and this B&B leaves many 5* hotel rooms standing for facilities (bathrobes and slippers each), service and cleanliness.

Breakfast was all we could hope for, and nothing was too much trouble. In terms of food miles, the eggs were from her neighbour, so when she says local produce - you can't get more local than that!

Gill gave us lots of information about the area and contacts for us to follow up on in case a property purchase that will lead to a building project in the area comes off for us. She wasn't pretending to be interested and helpful, she truly is one of this world's genuine people.

I would recommend the B&B to anyone, whether for business or pleasure. If you were on your own you wouldn't feel out of place (as sometimes I do when travelling around the world on my own). This time I was there with my better half. Free wifi is an added bonus - most hotels I stay in charge for the 4th utility which is a total con in my view.

A thoroughly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2015

An absolutely wonderful experience! True English hospitality at its finest. The own are gracious and welcoming, the breakfasts are plentiful and delicious. A most memorable stay. I highly recommend this B&B and look forward to returning one day soon!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2015

We stayed here while visiting family. The rooms are warm and cosy, and I love the extra touches of a bathrobe each. Brilliant as we had forgotton ours! Gill provided us with a generous breakfast, and I understand the food is sourced locally where possible.
We will happily stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this loveley b and b, as we have been visiting our family. We found the owner to be friendly and welcoming. The room was warm and cosy and I loved the bag of smellies provided for our stay. The breakfast was delicious - I understand the food locally sourced where possible. Thanks for a loveley stay, we will definateley see you again!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends