Open today: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Authentic in a good way

Would recommend this place if you are looking for a casual and authentic Thai restaurant. Staff is... read more

Reviewed 30 December 2023
Henrik G
via mobile
A must eat place

Had a dinner for 18 with a variety of pass around Thai dishes. Amazing flavors and you can pick... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2023
Bob S
Sacramento, California

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from AU$122.64
from AU$173.01
from AU$56.15
from AU$43.23
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took this cooking class and it was one of the best experiences we had in Thailand! The food was fresh and local. Ton was so patient with me considering I never cook. The food we made was amazing and so much left over to take home. I would highly recommend this.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 30 October 2016

My two boys (ages 11 & 15) had a fantastic morning/afternoon with Ton at her lovely restaurant in Mai Khao. We arrived and the ingredients were all out and ready for us to learn and prepare a huge variety of Thai dishes, from classics like Pad Thai to her famous Thai basil chicken. Making curry paste from scratch was a real work out and we had loads of laughs along the way. Ton was patient with my boys (clearly not chefs) and we all thought it was a highlight of our holiday. Lunch was delicious (my eldest said the best meal we had in MK) and we had enough leftovers for dinner! Definitely contact Ton when you arrive to be sure she's got the space and take this class. It's really fun and in a lovely setting. Her staff and daughter were warm and friendly as well.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We had a great morning with Chef Ton at Kin Dee, truly the highlight of our trip. We were made to feel at home, and not with over politeness and distance that you sometimes feel. Ton welcomed questions about Thai culture as well as cooking. She is engaging and warm, and we came away feeling yes, we can do this at home. We also came home with plenty of leftovers. I immodestly think that the tom kha gai or chicken coconut soup she helped me make was as good as any I have had at a restaurant. Ingredients are partially prepped for you but you get to do the final chopping except for the meat. You get your own pan or wok and cook under her guidance. The cost is 2500 THB per person, not cheap but a good value. We got to choose four dishes from her menu to cook. The classes are held in her beautiful tree-house-like restaurant overlooking a bend in a river. It is open air under a roof but they go to great lengths to keep you cool and keep insects away. I highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: October 2016
14111978, Owner at Kin Dee Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Sawasdee Kha,

Thank you for cooking with me. Once the recipe for Kanom Bueng that Khun Jo requested is tested. I will send it to you by a week. Thank you for your kind support to our little establishment.

Regards,

Ton

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Kin Dee Restaurant is a perfect place to try traditional Thai food. It will be a bench Mark for others to strive to match.
All the other complimentary comments are true.
It is not too expensive either.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 29 September 2016

A group of 5 of us (4 who cooked and 1 who just enjoyed the cooking) took the 3 hour class and it was worth it! We had visited Kin Dee for their restaurant prior and we were allowed to pick 4 dishes off their menu to cook. We chose the pepper leaf shrimp tempura (amazing), Panang Curry chicken, Pad Thai and Tom Yum soup. The owner was great, helpful, patient and spoke very good English. She walked us through everything, explaining everything along the way and answered all the questions we could think of. Once we were done we took home most of the food because we did make four meals. Highly recommend the cooking class for anyone wanting something different!

Date of experience: September 2016