We only stayed for 1 night as a transit stop in March. The check in was very fast and smooth and before we knew it we were at our room. We only stayed in a standard room but it was pretty nice. We décor is very modern. When you walk in the first thing you notice is the bathroom. The bath is huge! But it did look like it would take a very long time to fill! The bed is huge and has a lot of pillows for you to choose from! Due to staying once night we were in our room for a while and it was really nice to relax in.
We went for a walk around the grounds which are beautiful. The pool is great and the beach looked very nice! We went for a snack at Doppio they had a lot of variety of food to choose from. We were the second lot of customers to arrive and only ordered 1 drink and 1 sandwich to share. A few customers arrived after us. There was some complication due to the first family ordering 5 smoothies with no ice which made the staff confused as most of the drinks needed ice to be made. Then the family didn’t like the look of the food they had ordered and kept sending the plates back – this unfortunately made our 1 sandwich take 1 hour to be made and then our 1 drink forgotten. It was only until I asked how long our order would take then the staff realised we had been forgotten. They did apologise and also made our drink which we were not charged.
We didn’t check out the sandbox as they had a private function on but we did eat at the Thai restaurant Takieng. It was fantastic. The design of the place was really nice and made a great atmosphere. The staff provided fantastic service which made our night. The quality of the food was well deserved of the price. I highly recommend anyone who is staying to at least eat here once
After dinner we went for a drink and desert at the lunge pub. It was very quiet but nice and relaxing. We sat in one of the love chairs and got to enjoy nice cocktails (2 for price of 1) while listening to a local Thai singer.
We also got to have breakfast the following day. There is a lot of variety but the only issue I came across is due to having so much food they have everything precooked and the hot food was cold. It would be nice to have your eggs cooked to order then they wouldn’t be sitting there for a while. But everything else was really good.
The resort is huge and great for anyone, but I don’t think I could stay longer than a couple of days as it’s only close to other chain resorts and nowhere to really explore. If you are really into a place you can go and stay at with all your needs in the one place than this is the resort for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao