All reviews half board photo shooting superior family room sister hotel next door school term time kids club indoor pool family holiday year old daughter the hotel was fully booked wonderful holiday main building evening entertainment beach bar excellent hotel living room young families
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Good facilities, bike hire, bike store. Good restaurants, not 5 star but excellent buffet. Rooms clean and bright. Friendly staff although the bike hire guys are enjoyed being a little brusque. Beachfront location with pools.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Aghinagh1966
IberostarHoteles, Quality manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village for your holiday. Your kind review is an incentive for us to continue working in a motivated fashion and to give our absolute best so that all our guests feel as comfortable as you were.

The fact that you had such a nice time in our hotel is an excellent confirmation of our team effort. The daily dedication of our highly motivated and competent team in their various areas is to ensure a particularly pleasant ambience for our guests to always feel very well cared for. The fact that we could achieve this with you really is very important to us all at IBEROSTAR. We would like to thank you for your helpful feedback and will be forwarding it to the appropriate department on your behalf.

Again we thank you for your kind words and look forward to your next visit to an IBEROSTAR Hotel.

Best regards,

IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We moved to this hotel after spending 2 disappointing days at an alternative one, and were not let down. The suites were spaced out and ours had a lovely sea view with views of the main pool. Toddler pool was perfect for our 2 year old daughter to play in and the neighbouring iberostar playa de Muro hotel kids pool play area was great fun. (Can use facilities at the hotel if stay in the village) The restaurants served good quality fresh food, and half board option suited us well. Evening entertainment didn't go on until after 10pm. The adjacent beach was fabulous with shallow clear water and soft golden sand-great for kids. Sun loungers on the beach have to be hired (as is the rule on the whole beach) , pool area ones are free to use. No charge for hiring beach towels near the pool, and they can be replaced daily or exchanged during the day. Lovely little extras like welcome drinks at dinner and bread and olives at lunch time. Very friendly staff, multilingual. Would say this was more a 4 star resort than 5 star due to the room conditions but would happily go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank KamOnHerTravels

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your friendly review and at the same time for the very helpful assessment of IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village.

It is very pleasing to know that our strong service concept was evident during your stay as our daily efforts are geared towards creating the quality atmosphere and bespoke service you experienced.

We are also very grateful and motivated to receive your constructive feedback as we are always open to suggestions on how we can improve our services on a daily basis to satisfy our guests' wishes and provide an even better service now and in the future.

Thank you once again for your detailed description. It is nice to know that you had such a fantastic time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village Review

WARNING : This hotel has taken money from my credit card against my request and their promise not to do so . I paid the hotel a full up front pro-forma invoiced payment €9511.48 Euros eight months in advance for an all inclusive weeks holiday inclusive of tax’s .

On arrival to this hotel on 27th May 2017 my credit card was requested with reason given they needed for security of any debts I might incur during my stay . I was concerned that my credit card details could be compromised and asked to leave a cash deposit instead for security This was declined as potentially I could run up debts in excess of deposit . Given no compromise on this point by the receptionist I received an undertaking and assurance that the hotel policy was not to make any transactions from credit cards unless and on checking out debts did not get paid by clients . On checking out I was advised that no debts had been incurred by my party and there was nothing to pay .The receptionist at my request and with agreement from her manager wrote in Spanish on my checking out receipt that my credit card had not been used .

On my return home to England I received an account from my credit card company showing in-excess of £117 had been taken by the hotel without my consent or authorisation during my stay . The hotels Sub-director Daniel Garcia Marquez has confirmed this transaction from which I quote in part “ charges were made without your authorization is true.” Further the hotel refuses to refund the money back to my credit card in defiance to my requests . No expiation has been offered by the hotel to justify what I have advised them of my considered fraudulent transaction .

Room Tip: Send advance email request
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IberostarHoteles, Quality manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sending us your review on our hotel IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village and we regret that we did not fulfill your expectations.

First of all allow us to mention that we sincerely regret the misunderstanding with our dedicated team of staff. We are saddened and surprised that prior to your holiday that your tour operator did not advise you regarding Tourism tax. This tax is a charge that all tourists that stay on the Balearic Islands or indeed other parts of Europe must pay and the motive for this fee is to boost sustainable and ecological tourism. IBEROSTAR has an obligation to comply with the formal and material obligations that the law enforces. This charge is always paid by every guest without exception on arrival at a hotel, during check in.

Furthermore, we insist that it is a normal procedure in any hotel establishment to request a credit card number on a guests arrival to guarantee payment if any extra charges are incurred during the visit. Nevertheless a credit card needs a pin number to be enabled. Therefore, we can clarify that this charge was made at check in a with a pin number. And our colleague was correct in informing you that there were no extra charges on leaving, as this was verifiable. Also it was accurate that your credit card had not been used since the transaction on check in that you had approved by using your pin number to activate it. Nevertheless, we are so sorry for your displeasure and distress.

However, at IBEROSTAR complete customer satisfaction is our goal, and we are deeply saddened concerning this confusion and we offer you our apologies, and regret the inconvenience and disappointment that this has caused you.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to contact us with your review.

Best regards,

Quality manager

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Very friendly staff, super buffets, clean rooms, restaurants and pool, the sea and beach are beautiful and clean, the room and balcony are comfortable, etc. Thanks. We will come again.
We also liked to use the Spa with Sauna and whirlpool.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
IberostarHoteles, Quality manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Judy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful impressions of your stay at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village.

It is of utmost importance to us that our guests can appreciate our well thought-out holiday concept. Our daily efforts are to guarantee our guests can experience the highest levels of comfort in a particularly pleasant atmosphere.

Again we thank you for sharing this fabulous review of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Great hotel, great staff and overall great stay.

A couple points to note, the hotel's 5 star rating is I think self certified, there were no specific issues with our stay but things could have been a little better, things that you'd expect of a 4 or 5 star hotel such as a Marriott or Hilton.

For example,

Water at dinner is chargeable even for a 2 year old, we were on a half board rate and whilst I accept that's not all inclusive but even so, bottled water come on?

Food variation, the food was excellent overall but there wasn't much variation with only a small section being allocated to regional cuisine so after 2 weeks it was a little monotonous. Food hygiene looked excellent by the way!

Pool, for whatever reason the swimming pools aren't heated so it was like tipping a dip in an ice bath, given the pool is shaded part of the day it was very cold, our daughter wouldn't even go in and most of the other guests avoided it as well.

Beach - such a pity sunbeds on the beach are immediately in front of the hotel are chargeable €14 a day!

Security is non existent with open access to the hotel from the public road with no gates or checks - I would have expected a little more in this area in today's climate of terrorism.

Car parking - parking is on the road so no dedicated car park!

We booked a Superior family room and other than a better location there wasn't much difference with other rooms, I must say the extra spend for the location was well worth it as the noise from the evening entertainment is loud. There is no tea and coffee facilities in the room as described on the site as we asked the maid a couple of times.

Kids clubs and activities for the kids were great, always seemed to be something go on.

Indoor pool area is good especially for cloudy days.

We would go back and had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank Alex D

Dear Alex,

We are very pleased to read that you had such a pleasant time in our hospitality at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village and want to thank you for sharing with us.

Our highly-skilled staff at the hotel and the entire team behind the scenes ensures that we always improve and meet the wishes and preferences of our valued guests. We always welcome the ideas of our guests because they can only help us in our goal of providing perfect holidays for them. The fact that you have left our hotel with beautiful memories is a good sign for us, and we will of course take note of your valuable feedback, and will forward it to the appropriate department for consideration.

Again we thank you for this wonderfully positive review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro Village