All reviews pool bar water villa outdoor shower white sand live cooking all inclusive package italian guests crystal blue sea jetty area sea plane fish animal life diving center catch of the day perfect beach manta rays beautiful reef
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Dhigufaru is not a 4 star resort, it is definitely 5 star. From the moment you arrive at the Male your holiday begins such as being able to use the executive lounges and have a chaperone. You can then start to relax. The island is absolutely stunning. Photos cannot do this place justice. The accommodation is super clean, brand new and beautiful. We stayed in room 308 next to the sports centre which was perfect for me as I’m into SUP and Kite Surfing and it was an excellent location for my son who is 2.5years - beautiful white sand and a lagoon that is perfect of a toddler. To be honest, you could stay either side of the island with kids though, it’s equally beautiful and suitable. I would recommend the semi water villas for kids though. Childcare was fantastic, we had free babysitting and free use of the kids clubs. This is something we have never experience before. The nannies were brilliant, letting us whatsapp them directly and keeping in touch with us the whole time. 'Dulce' and in particular 'Raya' were amazing. Raya really allowed me and my wife to have some free time and some romance, thank you. The only complaints we really have about the place are the cost of the watersports, which seem ludicrous and also the cost of the lobster (although ‘Indu’ was incredibly diplomatic in resolving our bill and was throughout the entire holiday trying to do his utmost to accommodate and improve anything, for example he kept back a wine my wife which she liked, so that she could drink it at dinner and lunch). The watersports despite being expensive are amazing, the latest and best equipment and the chaps are even better - I would like to mention in particular 'OK' - amazing kite surfer and also incredibly kind and considerate and helpful. This guy went out of his way to get me out kite surfing and even pumped up and set up my kite and cleaned it, platinum service. ‘Aadu’ was such a nice chap and so was 'Isse' - amazing windsurfing! ‘Mode’ was a fantastic scuba diving buddy and the scuba school in particular is just brilliant. They have brand new scubapro equipment and the boat was top quality. Diving was needless to say excellent as you’d expect in the Maldives. We had our own personal butler service “Sheymn” he was brilliant and making sure we had everything we needed and also at providing us with the best transportation options on the way home to maximize our time on the island. The Pool bar is great and provides a lovely place to swim especially for kids (not to forget there is a kids pool in the kids club also). The chef’s on the island went out of their way to make sure my son ate what he wanted at a time that suited us. So we had a special meal for my son at no extra cost (we were on the all-inclusive silver package – highly recommend this). Ed and Arjoy were brilliant bar hosts.

At 6.30pm they feed the sting rays, this is quite a magnificent spectacle.

I hope we can go back to Dhigufaru before too long, it was the best family holiday we have ever had. And if I haven’t’ already said it, the food was absolutely brilliant - I read a review on here about the buffet being boring, that is completely incorrect, the buffet food is top quality and there is a huge amount of choice, the food has so much flavour and the fresh fish and meat are what you'd expect at a top quality restaurant.
If anyone is concerned that this place is not fully up and running don't be, this is a fully functioning 5 star resort and I would not hesitate and recommending it to anyone. This is a special place.

Room Tip: We had room 308 next to the watersports centre. We loved it, I don't think you'll be disappointed with any room on this island.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank davidluck32
Thaslym, Manager at Dhigufaru Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Greetings from Dhigufaru Island Resort!

We would like to thank you for spending your Holiday with us here at Dhigufaru. We have read your remarks complimenting about the hotel's services and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We hope to see you again soon at Dhigufaru.

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

This was the by far paradise in a nutshell!! Some tips: While planning we would suggest to narrow down the activities you may want to do. For us, the 3 main things important to us was having:
1. An over the water bungalow ( in this case, semi over the water - it was just the same to us)
2. All the water activities
3. Melt in mouth delectable food! We were concerned that being island locked lounging all day may be too mellow for us so the activities were important to have.
Our first impression: From the get go, we were greeted at the airport. They knew exactly who you were which felt nice cause you felt "important." Even better, you knew you your reservations went through! Not a big deal to us, we just wanted to get there without any troubles or hassle. From the airport, we took a bus which took us to the next terminal to the seaplane. The seaplane took us to a boat which took us to Dhigufaru. (let's recap, Yes, we took 3 transfers to get to Dhigufaru Island.) If you're not keen on travelling that far... let me say this... IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE! When we got to the island, we were greeted with a clan!! It was raining heavily so we didn't get the "whole experience' but with the downpour, it was fine. Understandable - you can't control the weather. Nawaz (sp) was our personal personnel coordinator (don't remember his title) but.. he showed us to our fancy room. OMG! The decorations was modern, the bathroom was modern, the deck or patio was haven. I mean, it was jaw dropping!!! On the website, you didn't get a good idea of what the room looked like, but guaranteed, you'll be super surprised that you got more than what you see. When Nawaz took us around the island, there was not one area that was not up kept. Everyone you saw greeted you and made you feel incredibly welcome. Our first impression = "this is going to be an INCREDIBLE trip!"
Our days spent at Dhigufaru: due to the length of characters allowed for reviews, I'll conclude with this: There was not one single thing we could think about to make our trip “better” everything was perfect!!! Bring more money: as all you want to do is to tip the hell out of the staff! They deserve it and you won't even feel bad about giving them extra money. Trust me, I married a very frugal man!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Lyly N

Greetings from Dhigufaru Island Resort!

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I have stayed in Dhigufaru while 7 nights and 8 days with my family, Full Board Plan.
All of Hotel Facilities are very Clean.
Plus I got impression to kindness of staffs from arrived male airport.
Everything was excellent except food.
There are total 3 restaurants , but only 1 (buffet) is open now.
Breakfast buffet menu was never change while 7 days.
Lunch and dinner buffet menu was changed little, but food ingredients was exactly same. I was very sick and tired to eat at the end of stay.
Let me make few point for help traveler who considering to stay.

GOOD THINGS.
1. Very Clean 2. Very Beautiful View 3. Very Private 4. Kindness 5. No Mosquito
6. Wonderful Bathroom and facilities.

BAD THINGS.
1. Food Quality 2. High Price 3. Limited Hotel Facilities (No gym, ETC)

If you are planning to trip less than 3 days, save your time and choose it.
If more than 3 days, you should bring extra instant food.

Room Tip: Peaceful and private
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank SebastianJ1868
amjad409, General Manager at Dhigufaru Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Sebastian
Thank you very much for your review. we are glad that you liked our facilities. We pay special attention to hygiene and we are glad that you recognized our efforts to keep the facility clean and neat at all times.
Our Gym at recreation area had limited equipment. However, within this month it receive new equipment and I am sure you will be satisfied when you visit us next.
I am glad to let you know that we have opened additional outlets today. We have opened our Pool Bar Coffee Shop with an a la carte menu.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Dhigufaru.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

My wife and I had a unforgettable time in the resort. The staff are so kind and helpful. Island and villa were so clean, safe and of course very nice.
They have housekeeping twice a day, and we didn't have any problem with mosquito or any insect.
You may find almost anything you may need in your villa or they are ready to provide that for you.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Mohamad A
amjad409, General Manager at Dhigufaru Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Mohammad A,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Dhigufaru.

Dhigufaru meaning "long reef" is located in Baa Atoll. The only Atoll to join the illustrious list of international UNESCO Bioreserves. Baa Atoll boasts some of the richest reef systems in the world. Dhigufaru is encircled with a wide rim of white sandy beaches within an enormous lagoon of crystal clear water and offers Semi-Water Villas and Beach Villas.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

After weeks of searching we happened to stumble on this little gem of a resort , I was skeptical at first as it is very new , a few months old , but went ahead reading all the positive reviews .

From the very first point of contact at the international arrivals , the meet and greet staff made sure everything was taken care of .

Sea plane ride took about 30 mins , and was surprisingly smooth and had fantastic views .

The beach villas were cozy , and the family loved the arrangement of the villa , with the large spacious bathroom and open shower area .

The staff are probably the biggest asset this resort has , every single on of them were welcoming and went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect . I was surprised to learn that one of the owners of the island actually stayed on the resort and personally made sure everything went smooth , I haven't met many humble people Ike him before .

They offered a host of activities , I enjoyed the game fishing , a very big thank you to 'hussainbe' the captain of the boat , and nawaz the guest relations officer with us , we had an awesome time . Highly reccomended !

The evening bottom fishing was also a lot of fun , we went out with family and they enjoyed it .

The resort has a padi dive center , with excellent equipment and very professional staff .

Kayaks and jet skis were also available apart from other water sports activities , we went kayaking around the island , good exercise and great views .

Food was excellent , great variety with enough selection for the kids , special thank you to the head chef who went out of his way to cook the fish we caught for lunch !

I honestly have no negatives with this resort
Highly reccomended !

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Rashid1302

Dear Rashid1302,
Thank you so much for your positive review and sharing awesome experience you had at Dhigufaru.
As you pointed out, we believe our greatest asset is our team. We continue to ensure our team is highly focused. Our aim is always to satisfy our guests.

Thank you very much for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you again at Dhigufaru.