“Incredible food equals the ambience!”

Ristorante 13 Gobbi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is off the beaten path for most, but definitely worth the effort for the adventurous if you are exploring the mountain towns near Montopulcinano. Just the ambience is so genuine and authentic it is worth it. And then there is the food...As others have noted, the Tagliatelle stirred into the hollow wheel of aged pecorino is both an unmatched visual and taste experience! Don’t be put off by your hosts initial gruffness - he becomes friendly and personable as the meal progresses & I would suggest following your host’s recommendations from everything from the extra white pepper on your pasta, to the wine, to the sides: I would not have chosen the fresh green beans with olive oil and lemon but they were wonderful! We had the wild boar stew and the steak as secondi which were delicious. Save room for the panna cotta with berries!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Mid week and this restaurant was packed . We arrived early with our guide Michelangelo who had highly recommended this restaurant. His suggestions are always spot on but this place surpassed our expectations. We had been traveling for 6 weeks in France (Provance) and Italy (Tuscany ) and I had eaten at some wonderful places. The owner was hands on, chatting to us and making suggestions. I am a coeliac and GF pasta comes in many forms but this pasta was the best I have eaten. The picci or pici thrust into a wheel of Parmesan cheese was thoroughly enjoyed by my husband , a pici fanatic. The wine, freshest salads and desert was perfect. The husband and wife team aided by their son are the sum of the staff on this night but there is never a glitch with the service, recommendations and delicious food. A suggestion .. book a reservation.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

When we got into town, we checked out 3 restaurants and decided on 13 Gobbi. At 6:30, we walked into Gobbi and Albo, was setting the tables. We asked if we could get a reservation for 7:30 on the veranda, yes, we can. We actually ran into a couple, Jess and Angela, from Kentucky that just bought a house in Montefollonico and they liked this restaurant, as well.
Arrived at 7:30 and were the first to be seated on the veranda/terrace next to the vines. Perfect. Albo was our server, an abrupt no-nonsence guy that pretty much told you what you should order. We felt like we were in a Sat. Night Live skit. Once we got accustomed to Albo's abruptness, all was fine. I would go again, just to get him as a waiter. I hope he liked us as much as we liked him.
Ordered a bottle of Talosa Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2014 DOCG...it had a wonderful bouquet and soft tanins on the end. We got large globe wine glasses, very special and we appreciated that.
Their specialty is a hot pasta poured unto a wheel of pecorino and scraped off while you watch...very entertaining! I got the Pici pasta, a fat spaghetti..perfection....thanks to Angela for telling me about it. I also ordered a mista salad with tomatoes, the best freshest salad ever and delicious. My husband and son ordered tagitella, one with boar and one thrown on the pecorino wheel, plus salads.
Ordered the creme Catolone for dessert...this particular one was more like Creme Brulee.
Mateo came to our table and asked if we would like some limoncello..absolutely! A perfect nightcap!
We had a very relaxed evening....loved this place, the ambiance, the food, and the servers.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Visited this place as recommended by our hotel. We went at lunch time so had no problem getting a seat outside in the lovely terrace. The owner was very informative and made you feel very welcome. We ordered the bruschetta and crustini for starters, very tasty and plenty of them. Mains were the house special of the pasta made in the pecorino cheese and the garlic and tomato pasta, both extremely and full of flavour filling. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Went for the speciality as "heavily" recommended- pasta and pecorino. Delicious and would highly recommend. Felt a bit rushed but suited us. The food was great.