1,206 results
All reviews the river junior suite minute walk indoor pool lovely hotel beans low tide out of the way a la carte fishing village reception staff steam room slight smell bed and breakfast read the reviews relaxing break local supermarket
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Pros Nice location on river with indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Good breakfast room location on river. Very clean comfy beds

Cons. Minimalistic all the way. No extras like coffee and tea making, tissues, we even had to ask for soap to wash our hands in bathroom which I suspect is a house cleaning error.

In an area where you need a car too isolated from restaurants except for two or three within 500 metres of hotel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here 5 times now, so I guess we must really like the place. I’ve reviewed it in depth in the past so won’t bother again.

Suffice to say, I’ve had nothing but good experiences each visit. We like modern hotels with a chilled vibe. This ticks the boxes. Just be aware it’s in an area with no tourism features at all. It’s just locals who live there.

The beach at PDR is an hours walk or €10 taxi. The small beach at Ferragudo is half the distance & price. Portimao is a good 30 minute walk away with all the great restaurants and hidden old town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrancoLFC
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I have just come back from 4 days at the Agua Riverside and I really enjoyed my stay, unfortunately the weather wasn’t great but we still had a lovely time.

I went with my teenage daughter, I would say this hotel is ideal for mainly couples however my daughter did say she would come again.

The hotel is in a quiet area, not many tourists at all which I like. There is a shop around the corner. Portimao and Ferragudo are only a couple of miles away with lovely restaurants beach etc, would be nice to walk in good weather but as it wasn’t good for us we got a taxi and it’s 7 Euro each way.

We went out to eat every night, the hotel has lovely cocktails but not much choice for food, the menu has a couple of mains and you pay a set price and this also includes stuff they put out on the buffet like desserts fruit cheeses etc but if you just fancy a nibble you can’t just order something small. You have a lovely view in the bar so we went for cocktails/mocktails before our taxi came each evening and there was never any music playing etc which was a shame.

Also when the weather isn’t great there is not much to do. I fancied an early swim but the indoor pool doesn’t open while ten, I think during the rubbish months this should open earlier as it would of been nice to go before breakfast.

Overall it was a nice break and I would stay here again :-)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The hotel is good, the rooms are nice, the internet works fine and its free
The breakfast need some improving, for 4 stars hotel, i expected, at least orange juice and not concentrated juice, that just need to add water and serve to their guests. On a Portugal area, where the oranges, are cheap and sweet, doesnt make any sense to use, these terrible juices, that dont taste good at all.

The staff at the breakfast was nice and friendly
One aspect made me wonder, why, is one person only, doing eggs and pancakes, on a super small hotplate, at a busy hour of the breakfast, you need to wait some minutes to get your omelet. If they work like this, in the summer, wouldnt be that fast to get your food ready.

The hotel, was built, for summer, in the winter, some areas, cant be used, if its raining.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Fernando A
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What made our stat really great was the fantastic staff. They don't have tea/coffee makers in the room, but they got us one. They guided us to a nearby restaurant, even printing out directions for us, which was great since the hotel is a bit isolated. The rooms are fairly large and clean, most have a great view of the water. There is a convenience store just down the road, which has all the little necessities you might need on your travels.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple