We booked the Oasis @ Palms in the Richmond Estate, however were informed the day prior that our booking had been changed, due to unforseeable circumstances, to an upgraded property in the cool shades section of the estate. This property was larger, more bedrooms/bathrooms and had a lovely porch with seating area at the front. Well equipped kitchen and dining room meant it was easy to cook at home. The smart TV helped entertain the little one on days that the rains came down. The only issue we had is that we didnt have a car and the Coolshades area of Richmond estate is a much farther walk to the store and the main road to catch the bus/taxi into town. If you have a 3 year old, without a buggy and you have no car, then be prepared to be carrying them!
Overall the property suited our needs but we would have been much better off getting a hire car as the cost for taxi's soon racked up.
Lovely property surrounded by lush greenery. The property sits right opposite a gorgeous play area for the kids and the back yard space was great for my little one to do cart wheel. We had welcome snacks on our arrival which was great because my son started to divide up the snacks. The swimming pool clean and sell patties which was great.
We arrived later than planned as the flight was delayed. Sonia the cleaner was still waiting ever so patiently for us to arrive which was great- she gave us the keys and all seemed fine. security very strict which was very reassuring. the grounds are beautiful, well cared for and resourced.
The house itself was a three bedroom although one lo ked as we only paid for two
We felt very safe and every one so friendly including the cleaner, the manager and owner (whom we did not meet)
However.... our stay could have been much more improved if the following was taken care of
1. the house needs to be properly cleaned- the cooker was greasy and the sides of the cooker the floor area needs a deep clean- the house itself really needs a full once over deep clean - not the superficial cleaning that is currently provided
2.the fridge freezer did not work- the manager kindly and promptly provided a replacement but this took several days to get cold , was very very old, very rusty inside and out and dirty and we had to clean it and the door did not close properly
3. the place is full of ants- and I mean everywhere- we ran out of ant spray that solved the problem temporarily- I told the cleaner but this is not really for her to solve- needs a full termite spray process to get rid of the ants nest
4. the guests should be provided with proper large outside dustbins with fitting lids so that the cats do not keep eating at the black bags of rubbish that we had to leave outside which were many following our family meal on Christmas day
5. Wifi was cut off four days before we were scheduled to check out ahhhhhh!! not helpful at all. although we immediately told the manager and she said she would look into it it never got resolved and we subsequently learnt (because it came up on the tv screen) that the bill had not been paid - we did explain this but it was never sorted
6. the hot water system- water heater completely ineffectual - no hot water from the start of our stay- again we did tell the manager on day 2 who was keen to resolve the problem but it never got sorted
That said, it was a comfortable stay made good because the bedrooms had AC which made it comfortable and the beds were both very comfortable. In addition there was lots of storage space which was very handy
main thing was the cleaning to be improved, hot water and the wifi and this would make a wonderful complete stay much more comfortable
my stay here was very great last year December
i would recommend anyone to stay here. am planning on going back april
My family of 5 stayed at this property. It was an overall hassle-free experience, from the booking, excellent management to the moment we arrived, the security was courteous informative and helpful. When we got to the villa Miss Sonia was waiting on us with the keys.The place was immaculate and looked exactly as in the pictures.The beds and pillows are so comfortable.
The entire stay was peaceful.We had easy access to the pool and other amenities.
All that we needed was in clean and fresh supply in the villa.
There is a great addition to the property of a Deli/ Grocery store which is beautifully laid out and has a wide variety of supplies.
The pool is huge, we had lunch by the pool and it was such a lovely time.My kids can't wait to go back.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Families with young children|