Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Storyboard was just a wonderful place to stay. Six very pretty traditional wood cottages right at the water's edge. Secluded. Quiet. Laid back. But the best part was the friendly service from Benji and Felani. They were incredibly attentive and friendly and caring, and they took care of everything. The breakfast each morning, and particularly the buffet dinner each evening, were just wonderful. Moreover, they were exceedingly helpful at arranging snorkeling, diving, and land tours. They would also drive us to other spots on the island, such as beaches, where we could spend the day, and then they would pick us up at a prearranged time. On top of it all, they offered reasonable prices, unlike many other hotel operations on Palau or Peleliu, who have just kept jacking up their prices, and jacking up their prices, to the point of ridiculous. If we had had no alternative to these other extremely high priced places, I think we would not have come to Peleliu, and possibly not to Palau, at all. Really, I think that if I owned some of these other overpriced establishments, I could make more money by lowering prices. I think a lot of people either avoid coming to such expensive places altogether, or if they do come, they stay for much shorter time than they would if the prices were more reasonable. We really loved Peleliu, and could have been happy spending even more time at Storyboard, but we had scheduled time at other places in Palau, and so had to leave to keep our schedule. We spent a total of 6 weeks in Palau, staying in various places on the islands. Storyboard was definitely one of the two nicest places that we stayed in Palau, and we would certainly like to back here. The diving and snorkeling from Peleliu are superb, and many of the best underwater sites in the Palau islands are close by. I would recommend spending a day doing the WWII land tour, guided either by Tangie or Des. Fascinating artifacts are all around the island.

Room tip: I think they are all equally nice. We got a bungalow adjacent to the outdoor eating area, and thought at first that maybe it would be a little noisy. But we never noticed a problem, and indeed, we were basically always there at breakfast and dinner anyway eating.
Date of stay: February 2012
4  Thank RandD1970
Reviewed 4 March 2012

When I told people on Koror that I was staying in Peleliu, almost everyone said, "Wow, that's really far away." Peleliu is a great place to get away from it all, and Storyboard is the best place to stay while you are avoiding civilization. It's a collection of six bungalows, managed by two caretakers, Benji and Felanie, who pay careful attention to every detail (you'll even find three sizes of towels in your bathroom, just like fancy hotels) and clearly care a great deal that you enjoy your stay there. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Milhouse10000
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The resort itself is pretty basic, with bohemic details like cracks in the floorboards large enough to see the ground through and lamp shades fixed with cellotape, but the relaxed feel of the island and the warm attentiveness of the staff made the stay very enjoyable.

Our bungalow was clean and cosy, if a little worn. The bed was OK, the bathroom well-functioning, and the balcony refreshing. I wouldn't mind if the owners invested in some cushions for the balcony chairs, as they get very hard after some time spent reading in them... Also, one evening we got the feeling some local kids were trying to peek into our room (one of the windows had no curtain) which I suppose is kid behaviour, but as it would be easily fixed with an extra curtain, I would recommend that extra curtain. There was an AC, but we didn't use it, opting instead for the fan above the bed.

Benjie and Felanie were the best hosts, taking our food preferences into account and giving all the advice we could want about what to do on the island. We rented bicycles and went around the island (twice), looking at WW2 remnants, historical sites and pristine beaches.

The beach by the resort didn't look to inviting (too many snails for my tastes...) but we had a lot of fun kayaking - the resort has a couple of kayaks free for use, and there's a tiny island a comfortable distance away. It's one-hour activity, but fun!

The island itself is tiny - there's a limited amount of things to do, but we're a quiet type of traveller (we bring books) so we enjoyed our stay tremendously. Peleliu, and Storyboard, is the perfect place to get away from it all! Also, it's the first and so far only place I've seen a rooster in a banana palmtree :-)

Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank Agnese_and_M_and_J
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our experience at Storyboard Beach Resort and Peleliu Island is one of the best vacations we have ever taken. Felanie was extremely helpful and friendly from the start, she arranged every detail for us from the time we got off the plane until we boarded to leave - I have never experienced such a carefree vacation. Felanie and her husband, Benjie, run the resort and are incredibly nice, respectful and trustworthy. The cottages are simple but very comfortable and clean. The food was excellent and Benjie goes out of his way to please his guests palates - he surprised us with fresh coconut water one night and fresh bananas the next day, just from our mentioning an interest in them. Peleliu is a small, charming island - definitely rent bikes and explore, it is the best way to see the island. Everyone on the island was very friendly and relaxed. And if you plan on diving during your trip, it can't be beat - it is located so close to many of the best dive locations around Palau.

Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank auroraborealis2012
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Arranging a stay at the Storyboard Beach Resort from Canada was relatively easy to do- Felanie, one of the hosts, was prompt in responding to e-mails, pleasant and helpful over the phone- this marked the start to a great experience at the Storyboard. Transportation to Peleliu, as well as a day tour while on Peleliu, were arranged for us by Felanie and her husband Benjie.

I stayed at the Storyboard for two nights with three other friends (2 per cabin). The cabins were nice, consisting of a queen and a single bed each (this was arranged over e-mail), a fridge, air-conditioning, a great back porch with chairs and a working, warm shower (in a simple but nice bathroom). Linens were changed each day.

Our hosts, Felanie and Benjie, were friendly and accommodating (even bringing me coffee the second morning after I asked for boiling water the previous day to make my own). Benjie also drove my friends and I to a store to pick up some provisions, packed us lunches for our day trip around the island, picked us up at the dock when we arrived on Peleliu and stayed with us at the dock while we waited for our transportation to arrive (it was late) and pick us up after our stay was done.

Breakfast (which we didn't have because we weren't really 'breakfast people'), lunch (~$10) and dinner (~$15) can be purchased from the Storyboard and are cooked by the hosts (there aren't really restaurants on Peleliu). Dinners were served buffet-style and consisted of a number of delicious dishes (2-3 + rice + dessert per meal): fresh fish (served whole), fried chicken, rice, vegetable and meat stir fries, coconut crabs, fresh bananas and watermelon... We were also served coconuts to drink out of on the second night. Dining was outdoors in a nice, roofed, sandy eating area, with mosquito coils put out to help keep away the few bugs that there were (though an indoor option was available).

The grounds of the Storyboard were quite nice- knee-level stone walls and plants line the pathways between the cottages and down to the beach. While not the greatest beach (Palau isn't known for its beaches; there was a lot of seaweed when we were there), the benches and hammocks, as well as the cottages' own porches, still allow one to enjoy a relaxing, restful 'beach resort experience'.

Overall, my friends and I had a great time on Peleliu at the Storyboard Beach Resort. Our hosts were wonderful people, great chefs and very accommodating to our ever-changing schedule (it was hard to set things in stone until we were actually in Palau). Our stay was affordable and enjoyable.

I would highly recommend to anyone planning on visiting Palau both to come out to Peleliu and to stay at the Storyboard!

Date of stay: July 2011